Friday, May 15, 2009

Gotta love the zoo...

This is an old picture of my sister Melinda, my daughter Christy, and me at the Jackson Zoo. Christy was around 2 years old. Melinda was 11 years old. I was almost 19 years old. Christy and I were both dressed in pink! We even loved pink back then. Check out those pink socks that I was wearing! lol

This one was taken many years later at the New Orleans Zoo. Me, Chase and Christy. They were both 14 years old. We were on a school field trip. I remember that the class walked over to the 'Hard Rock Cafe' to eat before we went home. We rode a charter bus with the school and I had the worst headache whenever we got home. Those kids were so loud on the bus, plus they had t.v.'s on too. It was all worth it though. I miss those times when the kids were little.

9 comments:

blushing rose said...

But you had a great time didn't you ... pink socks & all! How cute ...
TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about zoo's... baby goats. I love them. And giraffes!!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Cute pics, lol at the matching pink socks, I did that too back in the eighties, everything matched earrings down to the socks. ;)

Thank you for the compliment on my banner, my neice made it for me.

So glad you're son is feeling better. Love the fun zoo pics!! Have a wonderful wonderful weekend!!Hugs!!!
♥ Teresa

Terry said...

Hi Sweetie
Boy those days sure go by fast.
This was my first visit to your lovely blog.
I had such a nice time ,I hope to visit again real soon.
Take care now .
Have a blessed weekend

The Muse said...

These are soooooo cute!
(i can hardly believe you were near 19!) WOW...
LOL
We all want to look older when we are young...and then...
Ah, you know the rest of the story! LOL...
Best regards from an aging but Happy Muse!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't take long for them to grow... Mine are 38 & 39!!

Come on over to my blog for a huge Give Away !!
Hugs,
Marilyn
xxoo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I haven't been to a zoo in ages! You looked cute in your pink socks!
Hugs,
Penny

Unknown said...

I love the zoo too!! I adore animals :) We have such good memories of taking the boys. We havent been in a couple years though. What precious pictures! Thank you so much forsharing with us :)
Hugs,
Amy

Eclectic Chic Style said...

I WAS talking about you in my post. lol!! Isn't that funny that I found one right after I had commented on yours? The lady really had just brought it in minutes before we walked through her booth. ;)
Oooh, I can't wait to see pictures of your cannisters, how funny is that that I found the matching cake carrier, or actually Mr. Rose did. We DO have the exact same taste. We would be dangerous shopping for treasure together, but how fun would that be?? We would need an extended cab dually and a trailer to haul our treasure home!! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!
♥ Teresa