Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A project for April...

Just realized that I haven't posted since March. I thought I would share with you a little of what I've been up to. I've been adding a few new things to my booth at the vendor's mall. I started cleaning out my storage building and ran across a few things that I forgot I had and don't need anymore. Maybe someone will want them. :) This is my latest project that I made for my booth. A chalkboard made out of an old frame that I had stuck out in the storage shed. I think it turned out pretty. I put it in my booth on Friday and then posted it on Facebook at the same time. It sold before they even opened the store the next day! I was so excited! I sold it for $25.00.



This is the 'before' picture of it. It looks so much better painted white.







This is how it looks hanging in it's new home. A friend of mine bought it and put this picture on facebook. :) I think it looks so pretty. I'm ready to make more.
Hope you like my new little project....only about a thousand more to go. :) Cleaning out the shed is getting to be fun!



Hugs,


9 comments:

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
I love your chalkboard! the frame is so sweet and the size is great for a long narrow wall. You did a wonderful job creating it.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Elizabeth Ann said...

I totally understand about finding things in your storage building. I've been trying to clean out my garage, storage building, my den/studio and even upstairs. My future projects seem to have taken over the house. :-)
Great chalkboard!

Joyfully,
Elizabeth Bottchen

farmhouse-story said...

love it!--it always amazes me what a little paint can do to things:)

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

I love your chalk board sign. I will be keeping my eye out for me to try something like this. Inspired!
Come by and see me at my blog if you get a chance I would love your visit as I am new to blogging.
Cindy

A Southern Rose said...

Thank you. I'm ready to make more. I started on one yesterday. Hope it sells as fast as that one did. :)

A Southern Rose said...

Thank you. Mine have too! :)

A Southern Rose said...

Thank you. I love painting old things and making them new again. :)

A Southern Rose said...

Thank you. I can already picture a victorian chalkboard from you. :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurir,
Oh I just love your chalkboard and I can see why it could so fast. The frame is awesome. You better make more. It looks perfect on your friends wall.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie