Sunday, August 30, 2009

Staying positive...

Yesterday went so much better with my change of attitude. There were a couple of things that could have gotten to me...but I just didn't dwell on them. My boss had ask me to start a new project and hour before I was to get off work on Friday. There was no way possible that I could finish it in an hour so I had to finish it yesterday morning whenever I got to work. It took me about an hour and a half to complete it. My boss said that I did a great job and commented to my department manager to have a look at it. Later when my boss wasn't around my manager told me that it could have and should have waited until Monday to finish because Saturday is a busy 'sales' day. He didn't say anything positive about the project at all. I wanted to say..."Look, I didn't ask to do the project in the first place and I missed 2 or 3 hours of making my sales but I was doing what 'our' boss ask me to do." How do you make everybody happy?! You can't. I don't want to be around negative people. I just went about my business and tried to make up for my lost sales. We have a sales goal that we have to meet. (We don't get commission) Anyway...that started my morning....


Today I have to be at work at 12:30. My daughter is singing at church tonight. It starts at 6:00 and I have to work until 6:30. Hopefully I will make it to the church before she sings her two solo's. She really wants me to be there. This is a recent photo of Christy and her husband Phillip and her cousin Kim. I'm so proud of Christy. She is such a good wife and mother.







3 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, you have such a beautiful blog I just had to leave you a small note to say thank you for sharing it ! You have written some lovely interesting and creative posts, and you have great pictures too. Perfection !

Best wishes....

blushing rose said...

G'day, Lee Laurie ~ Sorry about your work experience, but you handled the situation with grace & properly. Too bad there are still so many thoughtless people in this world. Be proud you did as asked ... you are far better for it.

Good luck to your daughter & her solos.

Love them background, but I am NO help with 'doing anything' on blogs. Best of luck ...

Have a beautiful week. TTFN ~ Marydon

Tanza said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
Ooohh I soo hope your new week will be much more positive and happy for you !! Isn't it funny how we have up and down times for no apparent reason !! Remember that God is good, and always there for you..reach out to HIM when you are low, and HE will lift you high !! HE is faithful !! LoVe and best wishes for a happy week..
bug hugs ~tea~xo