Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My little sis's birthday!

Today is my little sister's birthday! She is 36 years old today! I couldn't go visit her today because I'm stuck at home waiting for the plumber to come and fix the leak in my shower. One day next week I plan to go and visit her and take her birthday gifts to her. I went through some old pictures today and ran across these. This is Melinda when she was a baby. Mama had her sitting on the kitchen table. She had on the cutest little red and white dress. Wasn't she a doll?

This is us at a wedding a few years ago. (2002...I think)


This is her graduation picture. She is probably gonna kill me for putting this picture on here. She had the permed, blond thing going on with her hair. (and the 'buff') LOL I didn't get to come home for her graduation. I was living in Denver at the time. I did get to come home for her wedding though. It was a couple of months later. She got married right after high school. She and Steven are still doing great! They have 3 children. Whitney, Michael, and Chase.



Me and my sister, my best friend.




This is a good one of us! We were both expecting our 3rd baby. We had them exactly 3 weeks apart. We both had boys. Garrett and Chase.





This one is so funny! We were at our cousin Angie's baby shower and we were all expecting! Angie had a boy too. She had hers the day before Melinda in the same hospital! A boy, too.




This is the most recent picture that I have of her. (May 2009) Isn't she pretty?


This was from last year! We had been shopping all day long!



Same day. We had planned to have more days like this...you know how that goes with work, kids,etc. We are fixing to start making time for us!


The waitress took our picture. This was for her birthday last year! Where has the time flown? (That is not a cigarette in my hand!) It was a straw from my glass.



Me and Melinda a couple of years ago at Halloween. I was a lady cop and I went to arrest her and her little dog too!













We have had a lot of good times together! Sometimes we laugh so hard that we get tears in our eyes and it looks like we are crying! And when Mama gets into it, we really laugh our heads off!
I didn't even get to talk to her today. I left her a message on her phone and I even sent her an e-card. Maybe tonight we can catch up with each other.


Happy birthday, Melinda. I love you!






16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Melinda!!! Thanks for sharing your photo's LL. Cherish every moment you have with her!! Sisters are priceless. Hugs. Tammy

blushing rose said...

Oh, for the good times & memories that you shared, Lee Laurie. Happy birthday & may your celebration together be warm & fun. TTFN ~Marydon

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Very Big Happy Birthday Wishes to your Sister!! You two look so much alike! Its so nice to have such a close relationship with our sisters isnt it! I'm so glad I have mine!!
I hope your plumber was able to get everything all fixed for you!
Hope you have a great night! ~ Teresa

Tanza said...

How sweet LL.. Sisters are WONDERFUL !! I LoVe spending times with mine.. Hope you had a good day anyhow !! Happy Birthday Melinda !! Hugs to you~
~tea~xo

{oc cottage} said...

How very sweet! Aren't sisters the BEST!!! ;)

m ^..^

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! Oh, I had tears in my eyes! Thanks for sharing such wonderful times with us, and I hope you two continue to have wonderful sister moments! They are precious.

Toodles.

Lisa

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Melinda!! You are both gorgeous Lee!! Youre so lucky to have a sister. I always wanted one :) I hope you have a wonderful time next week with her :)
Hugs,
Amy

Tara said...

Your sister is beautiful, just like you. There is a very strong family resemblance. Her graduation picture cracks me up. That is so my era! I graduated a year behind her, I'm guessing since I just turned 35. Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl, I hope she gets everything she wishes for! Good luck with your shower situation too.

Anonymous said...

What would we do without our sisters! Love your tribute...and the Reba song is a longtime favorite...I'm the oldest of 4 girls! Happy Birthday to your sister!

passion4pink said...

It seems like ages since i visited, and that's because i have been spending some time with my sister too. We are so lucky to have sisters aren't we? I can see you are very close to your sister and she is very special to you. I can't believe how alike you both are and I can never believe how young you both look. I hope you get to spend some very special time with Melinda soon. Have a Fantastic Happy Birthday Melinda!!
Cheers
Vicki

Melissa Miller said...

~Happy Birthday to your sister!
Sisters are the BEST!!!!

Thanks for your sweet visit to my blog. I always appreciate it.

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!
My sister is so much younger than me. She is 42 & I am nearly 58. Never had much in common!!
What wonderful memories you have....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo
p.s. I just posted a huge give away... Come on over & leave a comment to enter!!

Celestina Marie said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Melinda. Hi Laurie Lee, what a special birthay post for your sister. You girls are so pretty and I love all the pics. Looks like you have many wonderful memories and great times shared. What a blessing it is for you both.
I hope you got to visit later in the evenng.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a great weekend.
Blessings, Celestina Marie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet sister! All these sweet pictures make me tear up. My big sissy is going through so much right now and I long to be by her side.

Beautiful heartfelt sentiments my friend. They made me cry!

xoRebecca

Laurie said...

I hope your sister had a wonderful birthday! You two look so much alike.
Hugs))

MEME'S PLACE said...

Thank you for the e card and the sweet post.I read Christy's first, so you know I was already emotional. I really cant believe it has been a year since we had our last girls day out. We need to really change that.Lets plan one real soon. We can exchange our birthday gifts, yep I still have yours. I know thats bad. If we dont break the cycle we will keep missing out on too many good times. Thank you for ALWAYS being ther for me. Talk to ya soon. Melinda