Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A little cottage in the woods

I could not wait to show these pictures! I spent the day in Meadville, Ms. a few days ago. That is where my friend Stevie works. It is a tiny little town that has a population of only....521. It is the cutest little town and I love it! He did a post about it on his blog...Beautiful Outdoors. This is a little cottage that we ran across and I just had to get out and take pictures! No one was at home. I think that he thought I was a bit crazy getting out with my camera in hand!I love the color of it...a light aqua. It was all by itself on a hill a little bit out from the town. The person that lives there must be handicapped because it has a ramp going across the front of the porch down both sides.

This is the front yard. It has pretty little flowers planted. You may have to click on the picture to make it bigger to see them.


I even walked up to the front porch because I had to get a close up of the swing and the pretty stained glass. They have it enclosed with 2 shutters. I love this idea! It looks so pretty with the sun shinning through. The little hummingbird is beautiful. I could just see myself sitting on this swing reading a book and listening to the birds sing.



This cottage reminds me of a beach cottage. I think because of the color.




I wonder what is in the little room on top? It has an electric candle in each window. Maybe it is a bathroom or a little sitting room.





This is another view of the stained glass. I like it better from the other side. I will have to remember this idea and maybe do it for my little porch.






I can imagine who ever lives here loves their little cottage and can't wait to get back home to it. It is adorable to me.
Well...I have to go take my little boy to school and then I'm off to the doctor for some more tests. This morning they are doing a chemical stress test. I'm nervous about it because I have never had this test done before. I will post about
it later.













This is a view from the road. Isn't it beautiful?
Have a great day! I hope that you enjoyed these pictures!







Hugs...






8 comments:

Tanza said...

Ooohhh Lee,
Sweet little cottage indeed.. Isn't it funny how these seet cottage homes draws us near, and makes us want to know more about the wonderful family or familys' hat have called this home,even from yesteryears.. You can tell it is so loved and cared for !! Wonderful, so enjoyed your pictures.. Love those old homes... Have a happy day, and I'll say a lil' prayer to ease your concerns about your Dr. appt.., God is good, and so look to Him for peace and comfort..xxoo hugs ~tea~

Stevie said...

YES....I did think "we" were a bit crazy...actually I know we are crazy! Taking pictures from the road is one thing....pulling into the driveway is another....and walking around in the yard is.....well, you know. That's why I stayed in the truck with the motor running...ha I do like it myself. I love the Meadville area, too.
I am glad I was able to go to the doctor with you this morning. I know you were worried.
With love,
Stevie

Sugarplum Cottage said...

What if someone was inside watching you, that would be a hoot! It is a gorgeous house, bet it's just as pretty unside. Rosemarie

The Muse said...

you have snapped the cutest shots! I bet it is just as adorable inside too!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

So pretty, and I agree - it makes me want to go to the beach, too! I would love to see what's inside that darling house.

Hope you are feeling better!

Take care, Andrea

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi Lee, what a beautiful cottage this is! I love looking at beautiful homes, there is always another to admire just around the corner:>) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, it is great to meet you!

Melanie Hale said...

Hi, Lee. I emailed you on the email listed on this site, but I am not sure if you check the email. If not, let me know, and I will post on here. I hope you are doing well. I hate to hear you had a difficult test. My 15 year old daughter has a heart problem and has all the miserable testing done more than once. What is wrong with your heart? I hope everything comes out well. Please let me know.

Janet said...

I love cottages too. They are warm, friendly and inviting...but, I think I'd be nervous someone would come home while taking pictures...were you?