Thursday, March 26, 2009

Flowers in my yard

The flowers are blooming so pretty in my little yard. I wanted to share a few pictures of them with you. This little angel bird bath was left here in the backyard by the previous owners. I think that she is so pretty. I plan on cleaning her up and making a flower bed around her. I don't really know what to plant because she is in the shade in the backyard. I need to find out what flowers will thrive in the shade. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. These are miniature pink Azalea's growing up and down my driveway. I love the color...I just wish that they bloomed longer than they do. We have a lot of Azalea's here in the south.



This is my white Wisteria. I love Wisteria. I always have even when I was a little girl. The white ones are so beautiful in the mornings when they still have some dew drops on them. When the sun shines through them it looks like diamonds sparkling.






The purple ones are gorgeous! I love how they smell too. When we were little kids, our mom and our granny would take so many pictures of us sitting in front of the wisteria bushes. I will have to find some of those old pictures one day and post them.










Another pretty Azalea in my front yard. I love this color pink. I don't know a whole lot about flowers and which ones are the best to plant where but I plan on learning more. I want my yard to be so pretty and peaceful. I plan on spending a lot of time outside in my yard this year. It always makes me feel better to be outside.
Today was my 2nd day with the heart monitor. I get to turn it in tomorrow. I will be so glad to get to take it off. I hope that everything turns out good with my heart. I've tried to stay really busy and not think about it too much. I've tried to not let little things stress me out. Today my dad got a phone call that Garrett was not at school today. I was at work and he is on the list to call. I was a nervous wreck when he told me! We called the school and of course he was there. They said that they had made a mistake. It was a pre-recorded call. I bet the heart monitor picked up a lot of irregular beats after that! I'm still shaken up a bit by that.







9 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi Lee,
Gosh, just gorgeous flowers you have a bloomin' Spring has sprung..huh ?! Wisteria are one of my favorites.. So sweet with their beautiful leaves dripping down, and the smell..yummy.. Lee, you just need to go to a nursery or Target nursery,anywhere and look in the section for shade plants.. There is alot of pretty ones that take just shade.. Impatience come in alot of colors and actually thrive in the shade.. I wish I knew more by name to tell you, but anyone at a store would gladly help you ou !! It's sooo fun to plant flowers and to actually go outside and enjoy them in the warm weather.. Glad your doing better, and hope your tomorrow is a happy one !! hugs to you ~tea~

The Muse said...

Blue phlox (wild sweet William)...
Daylillies...
Foxglove...

These three make up most of the flowering in my shade garden. I have mixed in some hostas and it looks great!

I bet that your fountain planting will turn out wonderfully!
Can't wait to see the new pics!! :)

Unknown said...

OHHHH Lee, I am so jealous!!! Those are so beautiful!!! I love these pics :):) they put a smile on my face for sure!
Hugs,
Amy

Deanna said...

Oh my little sweetie! I can just imagine what your little darling heart went rhough when they called you about Garrett! I'm glad it turned out just fine...but I suppose kudos for school calling to make sure though.

How are you doing? I just want to reach out and give you a big hug but I think our knockers would get in the way! LOL!

I love the flowers you have. Wisteria is just so much a lady's flower isn't it. Azalea is a-plenty here and I love it. Do you have lilacs? We do but only in downtown...or that I've seen anyway. Tell Stevie to take a picture of you by the wisteria!

Wow, I'm a flower dork so I have no idea what flowers would do well in the shade. I should call mom because she has two giant mulberry trees over 50ft. tall and she always planted some pink and white flowers that really thrived there. I'm just now looking at Tanza's comment and I think it was Impatience.

I'll call you tomorrow as I will be doing Pink Saturday and it will be the first in several weeks that I can really devote to leaving comments.

Big huggins from someone that loves ya!,
Deanna :D

my word verification is SUCKER...can you believe that? I want that dang job!

Nicole ~ said...

Your angel bird bath is so cute, how lucky you were that the previous owners left it. And, your flowers are GORGEOUS. I have never seen white Wisteria before, it looks amazing.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

I would plant HOSTA's in the shade area of your little bird bath. Just imagine her being the center with the hosta all around her!

Love your pics!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Yes, there is nothing more beautiful than the azaleas in full bloom. I've been meaning to take some pictures too. Thanks for sharing yours!

Sorry about the scare with the school calling. that would have freaked me out. Also, I don't know what's going on with your health, but I will be praying for you. you have lots of friends out here in the blogosphere sending you well wishes!

~Amanda

Miss Gracie's House said...

Lucky you-you have flowers already!
That is soo very sweet about your son calling you about the blog post-I guess we never do know what shows them our love:)
thanks for the visit to my place,
Rene'

Crafts a la Mode said...

What a sweet blog. It was fun to see some of the flowers that are blooming. Ours in Connecticut are not in bloom yet. Can hardly wait. Thanks for the visit. I said a little prayer for you. Linda