Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cole...this is for you.

Last night, I received a call from my son Cole. He is living in Memphis,Tennessee right now, getting ready to start college. He called me to tell me that he had looked at my post about him when he was a baby and it made him get teary eyed. I couldn't believe that he used those exact words! LOL. Then he said something that really shocked me and touched my heart at the same time. He said "Mom, when I read your blog and saw all of those pictures of me it made me realize how much you love me and miss me." He also said that he didn't know that I loved him that much until he read my blog! That is the part that shocked me! I always thought that my kids knew how much I loved them! I try to show them everyday. Maybe he is just homesick. I reassured him and told him that I love him very much. This is a photo of Cole and Christy when she was 8 years old and he was only 2 months! He was already a charming little man! I dressed him in a little tuxedo outfit. All of the ladies in the store that day kept talking to him and wanting to hold him. I was so happy that he smiled. Christy looked like a little mama here. She was always like a little mama to Cole. They were and still are very close.


Look at him here. He had on my sunshades and they almost covered his whole face.



Cole was 4 years old here. He was dressed up for preschool. They were having a Christmas program at his little school that day. I just had to have a picture of him in front of my Victorian Christmas tree!




He was 3 years old here. I love this picture with him 'reading' a book.





Here he is with his little cousin 'Whitney' at Christy's homecoming game. Christy was 9th grade homecoming maid. Cole was 6 years old here. I think that Whitney was 4.






He was 4 here. He still had the same shirt that he wore in the picture above where he was 3. This was his 'power ranger' pose. He was always into super heroes! He loved batman, spider man, power rangers, ninja turtles...all of them!







This picture was taken on Cole's first day of 1st grade. Look at his little 'Buzz Light Year' lunch box. He was so proud of it!








Me and Cole on family day when he was at Camp Shelby. My little boy...growing up!









Cole you have my heart...I hope that as you are reading this you will be able to 'feel' the love that I have for you. I always want all of my children to know how much they mean to me and how very much that I love y'all. All of you have a piece of my heart and you each mean so much to me. You are my life. I love you.





















5 comments:

Deanna said...

No words, just hugs.

Deanna

Anonymous said...

COLE.... {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Oh your momma loves you BIGTIME buddy... BIGTIME.. all momma's do their children so much.

Even when your rotten little buggers we love our children.

Just tell your mom once in a while and keep letting it show. Not one moment is promised so promise to love every moment!!

Lee.... awwwww

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

You made me cry! Hug him tight next time you see him!

Melinda said...

Now I am teary eyed...so beautiful...all the best to you and to your handsome son! The love you have for him is very, very, obvious to anyone reading. Its beautiful.

Hugz,
Melinda

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

You made me cry!! I haven't been blogging much lately, my Mom was here visiting so I just wanted to pop in and say hi (;
Hugs~Kelly