Sunday, March 8, 2009

A gift for me...

Look what I received in the mail on Friday. My friend, Rebecca from 'A Gathering Place' sent it to me. She makes these beautiful sachet pillows by hand. It is gorgeous and it made my day. My day at work had been very trying...me not feeling well and a few 'not so nice' customers tried to make my day unpleasant to say the least. I finally was able to take my lunch hour around 1:30 and I went to the post office to pick up this package. I couldn't wait to open it! I could smell it before I even got the tissue paper off! It smells wonderful! When I saw how beautiful it was...I got tears in my eyes. It really made me feel so good inside to know that someone thought of me and sent me this beautiful hand -made gift. I went back to work after that with a totally different attitude! I was smiling inside and out. I know that everyone could tell. Thank you, Rebecca for this sweet gift...I will keep it forever.

Isn't is adorable? I love all of the detail that she puts into her work. It looks even prettier in person.

This the back of the pillow. It even has beautiful details too. She has her own tag that says 'Gathering thoughts' on it attached to the pillow. She also sent me some scented soap that is the best!


Rebecca is such a sweet lady and I love reading her blog every morning. I always feel like I know her because we have a lot in common. Her posts have true meaning to them and I can tell that she writes what is on her heart.



She sent me this award a few days ago and I am just now getting it posted to my blog. I'm still learning how to do all of this 'technical stuff'. LOL Thank you Rebecca for everything and especially your kindness. You have touched my heart in ways that you may not even realize.









7 comments:

Tanza said...

Lee,
It's just gorgeous, such as the maker herself.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rebecca pretties.. Can you tell ?! Don't they smell just as wonderful.. Love that sweet girl ... hugs ~tea~xo

Anonymous said...

You little stinker *wink*. I was so hoping to win the beautiful sachet! But, i'm glad it made your day, truly. I know how it must have just lifted your spirits. It would've mine too. She does lovely work and one day, I too will own piece of her creations. Funny isn't it? I sew and yet I still want other crafters works. I want to collect a bit of everyone.

congrats to you and so happy it made your day.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a beautiful pillow, and a beautiful friend that sent it to you!

I can remember working in the advertising industry (for 25 years) and some days, I would be so stressed due to dealines or miserable customers.....I am glad that lovely gift brightened your day!

Tea Time With Melody said...

That is such a beautiful gift. Sachets never go out of style and they are always putting a smile on your face when you take that wiff of soothing fragerance.

Stevie said...

The pillow is very pretty and it was very nice of her to send it to you. I know that you will keep it forever. I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Stevie

nikkicrumpet said...

What a generous gift...and it's soooo very pretty! I love girlie stuff like that!

Melinda said...

That is absolutely beautiful! You are a lucky lady :-)