Thursday, October 29, 2009

Enjoying my day off

Yesterday was my day off and I decided to just stay at home and get a few things done on my 'to do' list. It felt wonderful just to relax at home. After breakfast, I put some soft piano music on...Christmas music...my favorite and I decided that it was time to give 'Rosie' her first bath. She was so sweet and she was such a good little girl. I bathed her in the kitchen sink because she is so tiny.

She was a little scared of the sprayer so I decided not to use it.

Here she is all wet and clean. It only took a few minutes to bathe and dry her. Afterwards, she ran around the house for about 10 straight minutes! She was so excited!


Then I decided to go ahead and start wrapping some of my Christmas gifts that I've bought during the year. I always start shopping early for Christmas because once the rush hits, I will be too busy at work to shop! I think the Christmas music playing in the background got me in the mood the wrap! I like to use these bright colors on some gifts to put under my 'southern rose' tree.



I like to use this pastel colored paper to wrap gifts that go under my Shabby Pink and White tree. Isn't this paper adorable? I got it all at the Dollar Tree. I will put bows on all of the gifts when I gets ready to put them under the trees. Right now they are going to go into storage for a month or so.




Since I was in the Christmas mood... I decided to fix a cherry cheesecake for desert. I had already cooked red beans and rice with cornbread for supper.





Hailey, Stevie's little girl came over and ate supper. She and Garrett loved the cheesecake! Here she is with a mouthful!






Garrett loves cheesecake but not the cherries. Next time he wants me to make it plain.







Hailey with another mouthful...








Garrett says "Not bad at all...thank you Mama."









Amazing how a boxed cheesecake can make them happy!
Well...I'm off to work now. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!
Have a wonderful day!










11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lee, I love how you spent your day, it sounds just perfect and happy :) Your little baby is so cute for words! It is funny because after I bathe my dogs, they run all around the house too, lol!

The wrapping paper is so pretty!! I will have to go to the dollar tree and check it out :) I love pastel paper too.

The cheesecake looks sooooo good!!! My son Dylan doesnt like cherries on his either, lol!! Too cute!

Hugs,
Amy

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
Ooohhh I LoVe how you spent your day off !! It sounds soo much like what I did yesterday .. I cleaned things a bit ... It always makes me feel so much more organized .. The dessert looks soo yummy ... Your gifts turned out beautiful !! After I shop each year, my Momma wraps everything for me, and I just have to truck it all back to my house by Christmas Eve ..I really do feel like Santa then ... hahaha ... hoping you have a wonderful day at work ... I'm off and running to work as well !! xxoo
hugs ~tea~

Stevie said...

Hey Lee,
I am glad you were able to get some things on your "to do" accomplished. I know that it makes you feel better, getting some things done. You are the first person that I know that matches wrapping paper to the Christmas tree, however, it doesn't surprise me...Ha! I always say you do have a way with matching colors....etc.
Rosie is a cute, sweet, loving little pup. She looks so funny the way she runs...or hops much like a bunny. She has a pretty color and her eyes look so big when you bathe her.
They loved the cheesecake. Can't wait for Hailey to see her picture:-) When Tyler's grandmother, Maw Maw Yoas, would come over to visit, she would bring him a jar of cheeries. He didn't like them, but he would eat them for her. She would bring Hailey a can of black olives. Hailey would put a black olive on each finger and thumb and walk around the house eating them. I wish I could find a picture of her doing that.
Try to have a good day at work.
Big Hugs,
Stevie

Tara said...

Your new baby is so cute! I bathe my Pomeranian in the laundry room sink, it's much easier on the back. I have been feeling the Christmas mood the last week or so too, it could be the Christmas music I've been listening to already! The cheesecake looks yummy and it looks like the kids really enjoyed it, I'm guessing there weren't many leftovers!

Stella said...

That puppy is just to cute for works. Your day sounds so relaxing and I can't believe you are so organized you are wrapping Christmas. Your day sounds wonderful and relaxing. And what a sweet ending for a pefect day.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You puppy is soooo darn adorable! I love that face!

The wrapping paper is beautiful and you're so organized! I only have a few presents that I've already found!

Manuela

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie, So glad you had a relaxing day to catch up at home. Your sweet little pouch is adorable. I be he did enjoy the bath and it made him feel so frisky he had to run. Miss B does the same.
Love your wrapped gifts. The colors are gorgeous. I am wrapping as I go this year too. It really helps to not feel rushed.

The cheese cake looks so yummy. The kids look like they are really enjoying it too.
My son never liked the cherries on top when he was little either and even now can take or leave them. LOL too tart I think!
Have a great weekend and see you soon. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

blushing rose said...

Love your sweet little fluff-bug! What is the breed?

I am in the process of wrapping up gifts also. I shop all year, tuck away & in Oct. drag everything out. Cards will be ready to go in mail by Nov. 1. Don't enjoy the last minute rush. I'll check out this Dollar Tree paper, that is very pretty.

Oh, cherry anything is good for me! Love the kids & cheesecake shots.

Was great hearing from you, LL, it has been awhile. Do take good care & don't be a stranger.
Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

Anonymous said...

Dear Lee Laurie,
Oh my, little Rosie is so cute. I just love puppies.
I love cheesecake too!
Hugs))

Shanade said...

I love the wrapping paper. It's so pretty. I guess I should get my Christmas shopping done so that I can start wrapping as well.

MEME'S PLACE said...

omg!!! I love Rosie!!! I want one!! She is so cute!!!

I wish I had presents wrapped! I havent even started shopping yet.I better get started!!!

Your cheesecake looks yummy!!!