Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Visiting Cole at his job

These were taken right before we left Southaven a couple of weeks ago. Cole wanted us to go out to where he works to see him before we left. Christy, Shanna, me and Jason had gone to Olive Garden to eat lunch so we took some food out to Cole. Once he is at work he can't leave. He looks so handsome in his security guard uniform. I'm so proud of him.

Me and Cole hugging each other good-bye. He has really grown up a lot in the last year. He calls me almost everyday just to talk or ask me a question about cooking, etc. He cooked grilled chicken breasts the other night and he had to call me and tell me all about it. They finally got their own apartment and they are loving it! I'm planning on making another trip to see them soon.


When Christy and I pulled up to him, we started whistling the song from The Andy Griffith Show. Christy loves to pick at her brother! They love each other so much! He thinks we are crazy! I know that you are reading this Cole! We love you!

I can't wait to go and see them again soon. We are taking a baby bed and changing table when we go to help set up the nursery! Gabriel Zane will be here next month!

10 comments:

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

Lee,

You have a very handsome & loving son. I hope my son and I have a relationship as loving as yours. I can't wait to see your little grandson. I'm so giddy for you.

Toodles.

Tara said...

He looks very imposing. I wouldn't try to sneak past him!!! What a proud Mama you are and congrats to them on their apartment, now they can nest and get ready for the little one.

Happy Autumn wishes,
Sares

Lady Katherine said...

Not only is he handsome, sounds like you have done a great job raising him. I love the stories you tell about his calling you for advice, and his daily calls. How wonderful to get to help decorate the nursery. I had so much fun doing it with my daughters. You will be leaving town even more when the little one get here! How fun it is to be a Granna, oh I mean Grandmother. My grandchildren call me Granna. Sure wished we got to meet you at the luncheon. I have wondered if when I go in a department store, could she be working here? lol For I know we live near each other.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie, What a beautiful pic of you and Cole. You can see the love between you both. He is a handsome guy and I know you are very proud.
My son calls everyday too, just to say hi, check up on us and keep in touch. It is so nice.

Sounds like you had a lovely time. The name Gabriel Zane is beautiful!
Have a good day.
Blessings, Celestina Marie

Elizabeth and Gary said...

What a wonderful trip! I'm sure you just can't wait to go back. Your photo's are so loving. Soon you will be holding your new grandson, I am so happy for you.
Take care,
Elizabeth

Tanza said...

OOhhh, how very sweet of him !! The song was making me crack-up !! Such a handsome young man he is !! They grow up so fast, don't they ?! And, he's gonna be a daddy.. wow !! Have a wonderful evening sweet friend..
hugs ~tea~xo

Faded Charm said...

Thanks for stopping by and your nice comments are greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Kathleen

♥Mimi♥ said...

Mothers and sons - what more can I say☺

The imPerfect Housewife said...

Your family looks so sweet - I just love looking at all the pictures. And you...a grandma??? Lookin' good sister!!! You are so proud of your kids and that is such a great feeling reading about it. Have a good weekend ~ ♥

MEME'S PLACE said...

Cole is so handsom!!!