Thursday, October 15, 2009

My thrifting finds...

I just had to share some of my new thrifting treasures that I have found over the last couple of weeks. I have been so good as far as spending money...I have only shopped at thrift shops and I only bought something that I knew that I had a place for or that I could re-do and sell in my booth. These things below are the things that I am going to keep for my cottage. I love this pretty frame. I'm going to paint it cottage white (of course). Isn't it pretty! Only $2.00 and it holds a 5x7 picture.

I found this little shabby candle holder at The Goodwill when I was in Southaven visiting my son a couple of weeks ago. They have 2 huge Goodwill's there! Some of their stuff was too expensive though for a thrift shop. I bought some lace panels and this candle holder. It was $2.oo. It has little glass beads on it. I don't even have to paint it! LOL


I bought this adorable frame at Marshall's in Jackson on the way to Southaven. It was only $1.00. It goes perfect with my shabby rose style. It holds a 3.5x5 picture. Click on it to make it larger. The brand is called 'Not So Shabby'. I love it.



I got this little cutie for .50 cents. It doesn't have a back to it but I can fix that! It is made of metal and reminds me of lace. I will have to repaint it because it is a little bit rusty in spots. I guess that you can tell that I love frames. I will show you the new area where I'm putting some of my family pictures, on a later post.




I love finding cute little light switch covers. I buy them whenever I see them to replace the old standard ones in my cottage. I think that little touches like this gives my cottage 'character'. (.50 cents)





I have been on the look out for one of these for a long time but I knew that it would have to come from a thrift shop because they are expensive at other stores. It is a sheet music holder. I will use it to hold a few of my piano books. It was $5.00. I just realized that you can see by bed frame in the background that I just painted. It was brass and I thought it would look more 'cottagy' painted Heirloom White. I will post about that soon too.






This is my 'sweet' find that I thought was a perfect one for me. I love the saying and I am learning daily to be happy with what I have. I love my little cottage even with it's endless to do list of repairs. Each time something gets done, I love it even more.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my thrifty finds. I love sharing them with you.





12 comments:

One Shabby Old House said...

You found some great things. It is always fun to shop!!!
Hugs
Becky

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love your finds, sweet LL. I especially am crazy crazy over that lace frame. FAB!

xoRebecca

Tea Time Consultants said...

Great Finds. When you get ready for some lace in your cottage, let me know. http://www.teatimeconsultants.blogspot.com

We have a wonderful romantic selection for your every need.

bj said...

I love all your great finds. I, too, buy cute lightswitch plates and have quite a few. Even the pretty plastic ones are neat but mine are either metal or ceramic. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

I love your finds especially all your picture frames! Lee, do your boys have the same thrift passion that you have? Keep sharing.

Toodles.

Anonymous said...

Some nice finds...I haven't been thrifting in a while...it may be time to go now! ;D

Tanza said...

Hi Lee,
Ooohh your finds are fabulous !! The prices even better !! Very sweet .. I have a sign like yours on my patio, that read "It is what it is"I just LoVe it too .. It kinda reminds me of the one you have !! So perfect for life.. huh ..Looks like you had a wonderful treasure hunt day !! What fun .. Happy Friday to you ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Abatevintage said...

Wow what great finds.

Blessings,
Heidi

Anonymous said...

love it all

Tara said...

You certainly found some sweet treasures. I love that shabby picture frame and the metal lace one below it. I can always be persuaded to go thrift store shopping!

Melinda said...

Beautiful finds...which puts me in just the right mood for thrifting!! Mmm..I think its time for a thrifty shopping trip! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

WOW Lee!! You found some awesome things for wonderful prices! I love the frame in the first picture and the lace frame! I love the idea of cute switchplates too!!

Hugs,
Amy