Monday, October 5, 2009

Baking cookies with Garrett...

What do you do when you get off work a little early? Bake cookies with your little boy, of course. Garrett loves it whenever we cook together. I chose this recipe because I saw it on line the other day and I already had everything needed to make it. Duncan Hines has an online recipe site (www.duncanhines.com) and they have tons of delicious recipes. This one is called "Decadent Carrot Cake Cookies"...I thought it sounded yummy for fall. You use their new Carrot Cake mix...you have to re-hydrate the raisins and carrots that come in the box by letting them soak in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes. Garrett thought that was neat!

I used a cup of walnuts and that really made them delicious. My kitchen smelled so good while they were baking. I really love to bake this time of year.

You also add a cup of oatmeal. I think I will make Oatmeal Raisin cookies soon too. I will be keeping the cookie jars full. I'm on my diet, so I can't have many. I limit myself to only two. I don't know why, but whenever I decide to go on a diet, I get this incredible urge to bake something or at least look through cookbooks! LOL I've always been that way! What's up with that?


This is Garrett after we got some out of the oven. We were letting them cool. He liked them but said that they were not his favorite. He asked me if we could please bake chocolate chip cookies next time. That's his all time favorite.
I love having these special times with Garrett. Children always remember! I have many memories of me and my Granny in the kitchen together. Those were our special times.


4 comments:

blushing rose said...

Poor Garrett, waiting for that cooled one! What fun you obviously have baking together, LL. This is so sweet a post.

Have a wonderful, warm, snuggly eve. TTFN ~Marydon

Tanza said...

Hello sweet LL,
How fun was that ?! I too, baked yummy cookies this week-end.. It's the Fall I tell you !! Nothing smells like baked cookies !! I still eat the dough.. You eat only two !! Gosh, I eat the dough, and than a couple out of the oven, and than a couple more later with a glass of ice cold milk... yummers !! I only count the ones I actually sit and eat !! hahaha..You are a good girl !! Have a good rest of your week !!Thanks for sharing this recipe !! Sounds delicious !!
big cookie hugs for you~
~tea~xo

Stevie said...

He will remember these times and look back and appreciate them more and more with time. Even if they aren't his favorite cookies. However, they are good!!
Hugs,
Stevie

MEME'S PLACE said...

I love this post, its so colorful.I know Garrett enjoyed helping bake cookies. I know Chase does too. Im so glad we love doing the little things with our kids that they will always remember. We both love to bake.
Dont forget to make Garrett his choc/chip ones:)