Friday, October 9, 2009

Loving the colors of Fall...

I just love the Fall season! I love everything about it. The gentle coolness in the air in the mornings when I first awake. Makes me think of Daddy because he always loves this time of year. The changing colors of the leaves on the trees are so beautiful to me. I love the warm colors. This is a few pictures of the trees next to my little cottage. I took them last year before I painted the cottage yellow. One of the reasons that I chose to buy this cottage is because of the trees that are on the property. That may sound funny to some people but it is important to me. I have 3 acres and there are some beautiful trees here.

This large tree separating my cottage and the little trailer that I bought last year is a 'Hickory' tree. It produces huge hickory nuts. This is a photo when it was just starting to turn colors last year. It ends up being a beautiful orange color that looks like 'fire' to me. I will take pictures this year whenever it turns all of the way. I still haven't done anything with the little trailer that I bought. I have plans though! I have just had to put them on the back burner for a little while. Maybe next year!

My cottage used to be white with dark green trim. I painted it yellow with white trim. Next year I will probably paint the trailer yellow too.

My front door last year. I had just painted the door green. I think I will change it this year. I really want a victorian screen door, white with all of the gingerbread trimming!



This was the tree out front of my house all covered in ivy. Wasn't it pretty?




I decorated a little space in my kitchen just the other day. This is the only Fall decorating that I have done so far. I haven't even trimed the paint where they installed my double doors yet and I was already decorating. I guess I will do that this week end!





I bought this cute little Halloween cookie jar for my son the other day at the Vendor's market for only $4.00. He noticed it as soon as he got home from school. He is ready to bake some more cookies to put in it! This time he wants chocolate chip!
Today before I go into work, I have to go and work on my booth at the Vendor's Market. Tomorrow our town is having our 25th Fall Festival. I will have to work tomorrow too but I will go by there on my lunch break. I love fall festivals! I will take pictures of my booth and post them soon.
Have a great Fall day!




9 comments:

Tara said...

I love all the colors of fall too. It looks like you have some real beauties on your property! Cute cookie jar and I can't wait to see your booth pictures!

D said...

I just found your blog via 'The House in the Roses'. Beautiful fall color. And congratulations on the wonderful grand-babies!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

LOVE your fall pics! That's not weird at all that you chose your property because of the trees - seriously, I would consider that too. Your cottage sounds adorable and the fall decorations you have up already are cute too - good job! ♥

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
Everything looks beautiful !! I LoVe the Fall as well.. Such a beautiful time of year, and cozy.. LoVe to snuggle up.. the cooler weather is always a wonderful welcome here !! I get soo tired of warm, and HOT !! Your decorations are soo pretty too.. The warm colors are soo comforting to me..okay sweets, you better start those chocalate chip cookies.. that jar needs some cookies !! hahahaha.. Have a happy fall week-end !!
hugs ~tea~xo

blushing rose said...

G'morn, LL ~ How lovely your pics. Don't you just love the brilliant colors of the painted earth preparing for rest! Your decorations are beautiful.

Oh, the pics of Cole are wonderful, he is a gorgeous young man ... hope all goes well with Gabriel Zane. Have fun decorating & gifting ... that what g'mas do best for the kid=lings.

Have a wonderful weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

beachvintage.com said...

That Hickory tree is just wonderful. The colours make me want to paint it!

Laurie said...

I love the colors of Autumn too...but where we live there is very little. A lot of Live Oaks and Palm trees!
Your photos are lovely!
hugs:)

Stevie said...

I love the hickory tree when it is turning colors. I also saw Baby in the picture. She was all pregnant with her puppies. She was a good dog....a pit bull, yet so loving and gentle. She was a good momma to the puppies too. The vine is very pretty growing up the pine tree.
Hugs,
Stevie

MEME'S PLACE said...

I love fall the best too!!! I love all the beautiful colors. These pictures look like post cards. I love the one of your front door.