Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthdays and memories...

These are some old pictures of Cole and his cousin Whitney when they were little.


How time flies! Cole was 5 and Whitney was 3.


These were taken at Mom's cabin one Christmas. Michael was 3, Whitney was 4, and Cole was 6. This is one of my favorite pictures of them.



Whitney and my daughter Christy at one of Christy's pageants at her high school.




Well...guess what? We just had Whitney's 'Sweet 16' Birthday party last week. It is so hard to believe that she is 16 years old! My sister really went all out for her birthday, She rented Skinney's restaurant in Kentwood and had her a party there just for her family. It was the night before her birthday so she didn't suspect a thing! She thought that they were just going out to eat. This was her family party...she did something else the next night for Whitney and all of her friends.





All of her decorations were so pretty.






These are some of her birthday gifts. Her mom made her a scrapbook just of her 16th year.







Whitney Lynn Spears, how did you get to be 16 so fast! Seems like yesterday that you were born! I remember being at the hospital waiting for you to make your entrance! Mamaw Judy has always called you 'Miss. America' so your mama just had to find you a banner and a crown for your special day!








You have grown into such a pretty young lady and so sweet...sorry for calling you a brat when you were little. Shame on me...









Daddy brought Melinda's birthday gift to her. He didn't get to give it to her on her birthday. Melinda collects Amberina glass.










Melinda and her baby girl.




Whitney and her Daddy, Steven. Seems like yesterday whenever Melinda and Steven started dating!





My sister and Whitney.




Daddy gave her a white gold chain to go with a '16' charm that we have passed down for years between us. It started out being mine. Daddy gave it to me when I turned 16 and then I passed it to my little sister, Melinda when she turned 16. Then she passed it to my daughter Christy and now Christy passed it on to Whitney. Daddy was a little shocked that we still had it! We are all kind of sentimental like that....




Daddy and Whitney.







This is the present that I got for her. She loves to sit in bed when she is on her laptop. (I wonder where she gets that from?) I thought it would be perfect for her! Her room is done in black and white zebra stripes and turquoise. She loved it.








Here she is with baby Jason, my grandson.






This is all of us. Whitney, Melinda, me, and Christy. My sister with her daughter and me with mine. We are so blessed.






Me, Whitney, and my friend Stevie.







Me and Mama. I was so glad to see her. I haven't seen her since May at Chase's birthday party.




Hugging mama before I left. She wasn't feeling well and I got emotional. When I'm off next week, I plan on going and visiting mom and spending some good quaility time together. Her birthday is coming up on the 21st. I think that we will have a mother/daughter day to celebrate her upcoming birthday.
Well...I know this was a lot of pictures but I have to post them to share them with my son in Southaven. I didn't have any on here of Garrett and Chase. Those were taken on my disposable camera and I haven't developed them yet.




Thanks for stopping by and sharing these pictures of our family.




16 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
Such a sweet 16 celebration !! You all look beautiful, and it looked like soo much fun !! Yep, we need to celebrate all these little milestones in our lives !! It goes soo quickly, and I'm always amazed how old all the children are getting to be !! I thought we were still the kiddies ... baaaaa..we're not !! Have a wonderful happy day sweet one..
hugs ~tea~xo

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Happy Sweet 16 to Whitney!. Your family is beautiful, all the ladies are just lovely!. Its always fun to get together and celebrate with a party. Add cake and icecream and its perfect.

Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Ahhhh, to be 16 again..... Today is my little sister's 39th birthday.

Tara said...

It looks like you had a beautiful family celebration. Happy birthday to the loveleigh birthday girl Whitney! 16 is certainly a milestone.

Have a wonderful time with your Mom too when you see her!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie, A big happy birthday greeting to beautiful Whitney. Everything looked perfect for her. I loved seeing the decorations and cake. Seeing your family with such love is very special. What a great pic of you and your sister with your daughters. That is a special treasure.
How nice to have your mother their too and I hope you have a good visit with her on your day off.

Blessings to you and yours always.
Celestina Marie

Stevie said...

I think the "16" charm is very special to all of you. Whitney seemed very surprise and happy with her birthday party. Whitney is a very pretty young lady. As usual it was good to see everyone and I am glad that I got to go.
Big Hugs,
Stevie
P.S. I hope you get to feeling better.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What cute colors for her Sweet 16 party! Time does fly doesn't it. Happy Birthday to a beautiful young lady!

Manuela

blushing rose said...

What a beautiful young lady ... Happy birthday. Time flits by so quickly. Glad you had such a lovely time together, LL.
TTFN ~Marydon

10 Minute Crafter said...

Thankyou so much for coming by & entering my blog giveaway : )

You have such a beautiful family! I love the birthday decorations, the pink with black looks great!!


Sheryn xox

The imPerfect Housewife said...

What a GREAT family day!! Happy birthday to Whitney!! My daughter's going to be 18 in a month and she just LOVES anything zebra print ~ and now it's grown on me and I love it too! I love all your pictures - those are definitely treasures ~ ♥

Denise Marie said...

nice cake and party decor.

time flies!

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Lee,
Loved viewing your pics again.

Sounds like you found a great treasure too. Isn't that an awesome find? I love that it can hang or sit on a table. I can't wait to paint this one too. Have Fun with yours.
Big hugs, Celestina Marie

Laurie said...

Such a beautiful young lady! Looks like Whitney had a wonderful sweet 16 birhtday.
Love that cake!
You are so right, where does the time go? My oldest son will be 20 on Saturday. It seems just yesterday he was a baby...

MEME'S PLACE said...

I remember those days when I would come stay with you. My kids were not in school yet, and we did so much together. I am glad I have all those memories. Im so glasd yall were able to come to Whitneys sweet 16 party.I know everone has such busy lives, but when it comes to family we always find the time. I remember my sweet 16 party. don't think I forgot. I didnt know that I was even gonna get one, but I should have known that you would do something for me. I remember you bringing me a cake, bringing balloons, and gifts. Its because of you that I had a great sweet 16and I will never forget it. I Love You Sis.
Im glad Christy still had the 16 charm to give to Whitney. She loves it. I cant believe she is 16 already.I think she was surprised, and I hope she will always remember that special day.TTYL

MEME'S PLACE said...

Oh yeah, and I like the picture of all four of us, but we look like were going to an Easter egg hunt HAHA. I guess we are just colorful people. Lol

Caroline said...

Your niece is beautiful Lee Laurie. How fast they grow, my daugher will be celebrating her 16th next March. I know we say it all the time but I truly can't believe how fast our children grow up. Have a great weekend.