Friday, September 18, 2009

My heirlooms for the Heirloom Party

Today is the Heirloom Party at Marie's from the 'Emma Calls Me Mama' blog. Go visit her blog for all of the other Heirloom party links. You will love her blog.

I wanted to share these beautiful Christmas plaques that my daddy gave to me years ago. I was around 19 years old at the time and he knew that I would love them. I've used them all of these years in my Christmas decor. They have so much detail to them.
They are dated 1978 and 1979. I took a picture of the back of them. They were made in Italy and the USA. I love them.



Don't you just love them too? The design looks like it is carved.








This is the two of them hanging on my wall in my living room. I left them out all year long this year. I usually pack them up. Oh well...now I wont have to unpack them in a couple of months! I told my daddy that I still have them and he was a little surprised and then he said..."I know, you keep everything!" LOL One day I will pass them down to my daughter. I know that she will love them just as I have all of these years.





11 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

These are just beautiful, and you're right they look like they have been hand carved!
Debra

Tara said...

What fun! I think you should leave them out all year if you love them. it's not like you have a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the living room! Although I know some people do that too. Thanks for sharing your special plates!

joyh82 said...

Wow those are just beautiful!
Have a great weekend!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lee,
Thank you for sharing your beautiful plates. My Daddy also left a couple plates for me. I really should add them to my post. Please stop by and check out my treasures. Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

They are beautiful. I am really enjoying seeing everyone's heirlooms and the stories behind them.

Lady Katherine said...

They are wonderful! Something great to pass down! I know you cherish them!
Are you going to get to come to our luncheon on September 25? Love for you to come.

Marie said...

Hello Lee Laurie - it's nice to meet you! Love those sweet plaques! I have a couple of Anri pieces that I received from my MIL. I'm so glad you keep them up year round to enjoy!

Thank you for joining me for the party!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Lady Katherine said...

I totally understand! You go see your son! I know you will be going with belles on! lol Have a great time! We sure wish you could come to the Mississippi Magnolia Southern Belles luncheon, for you are A MMSBelle for sure!

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
Such sweet reasures you've shared.. and to think some are from your Daddy..how special they are.. Hoping you are feeling better now.. It's such a busy time of year again.. The days are just flyin' by to me..Always fun to caome and visit you.. Happy Sunday to you !!
hugs ~tea~ xo

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
These plaques are just beautiful. They do look carved. The details are stunning. How special that your dad gave them to you. That makes them even more dear. It will be nice to pass them down someday to your daughter.

Thank you for stopping by. So nice to see you. Have a wonderful week. Hope you are feeling good too.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Terra said...

These heirloom placques are lovely and very unique.
I like the sculpted look and haven't seen any like them.