Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hurting hearts...

My heart has been hurting the last few days after finding out about the loss of my son Cole's Uncle Richie. We were in Southaven, Ms. when we found out. Cole's sister Rachael had tried to get in touch with us but I didn't get the voicemail until 2 days later. The way we found out about it was when my daughter was looking at her 'myspace' and one of her friends had it on their page. We found out right before we were going to Cole and Shanna's baby shower. We didn't tell Cole until that night because we didn't want to tell him before the shower. Christy and I decided to stay another night at the hotel so that we could be there for Cole when we told him. This has really hurt Cole and I am so glad that we were there for him. He and Richie were close. They sent messages back and forth on their myspaces often. This was the only picture that I had of Richie. He was only around 14 years old here holding Cole and with his arm around me. Everyone always called him "Richie Rich". He was only 32 years old. He has a precious little girl...Haley Gabrielle. Tomorrow is his funeral. Cole is so upset that he can't come.

His mother and I have always been close and always will be. I never married her son (Cole's dad) but she has always been like a mother-in-law to me. She is my friend and I love her. Please pray for her and her husband as they go through this painful time.


12 comments:

blushing rose said...

We will lift prayers for the Uncle who left you all so early & for his family ... & that Cole be held up in his time of sorrow & loss.

Hugs, TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your LL. My love and hugs go out to you and your family. Tammy

Tanza said...

Soo Sorry for your loss sweetie ... Soo young.My heart feels for yours, and I hope you will feel the prayers..Thinking of you..
hugs ~tea~xo

Tara said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. It's so terrible when we lose any loved one, but harder to understand when it happens to one so young and to someone that leaves little ones behind. You'll be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I feel so bad. You are in my prayers and I am sending lots of hugs to all of you.
Love,
Amy

Sue said...

We send hugs to you all and do lift you up in prayer!
Blessings~LillySue

Celestina Marie said...

Lee Laurie, My heart goes out to you sweet friend. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and the family during this difficult time. God will hold you up and give you courage.
Sending you a warm hug and prayers for the days ahead.
Love to you, Celestina Marie

passion4pink said...

I am sorry for your loss and how very sad for Cole too. Thinking of you all we will prayer for you all.

Melissa Miller said...

I'm so sorry. I will pray for them.

I hope you have a blessed weekend Lee Laurie. ~Warmly, ~Melissa

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What a terrible loss. There are no words, but know that prayers are being sent!
Jil

fannipauline said...

May God reach down and touch you all and let you feel his presence in your life. May you feel His strength and His love and may He give you peace and some understanding. My heart and prayers go out to you as I know how difficult it is to lose someone so young and with so much living still to do.
Blessings........Pauline

Its So Very Cheri said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My husband's brother died, unexpectedly and it is such a shock. You'll be in my prayers.

Cheri
come by I have a great give-a-way