Monday, September 7, 2009

Going to the ball...

I have always loved going to dances or balls! I have been invited to attend Nikki's "Gone With The Wind" ball to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the movie. Nikki has a beautiful blog called "The Scarlett Rose Garden". She has a huge collection of GWTW costumes, dolls, etc. I was so happy when the invitation arrived! I was sitting out by the fence whenever the postman rode up on his horse to deliver the parcels. I like to sit out there and wait for him...I'm always eager to get the mail and talk to him and catch up on any new 'news'. Most of the time I have a nice glass of sweet tea ready for him and a pail of water for his horse. He has such a long day delivering the mail.

I now have to choose the gown that I will wear to the ball! What fun! Should I wear this white one with the red sash? I've been in a red mood lately.


Maybe this pretty red and white gown. It has always been one of my favorites. Maybe its not 'fancy' enough. Lets see....



This is it! I haven't been able to wear this one yet. I've been waiting for the perfect chance to be able to show it off. Isn't it beautiful? I might even be the Belle of the ball....
Thank you Nikki for inviting me to your ball. I know that I will have such a wonderful and delightful time!



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your GWTW post!
Yep, that red is "the way" to go gal!

Beansieleigh said...

What a cute post!! There's just something about that white-ruffle dress, that I think would be the one I would adore wearing for such a lovely occasion as this! Hope you're enjoying all the Blogland Ball festivities, and a wonderful holiday weekend! ~tina

Unknown said...

Love your blog! Your red dress is perfect!

~Liz

Tara said...

Isn't it so much fun to go through Scarlett's closet to find a gown! You made an excellent choice! Don't you just wish you had Scarlett's extensive wardrobe?!

Caroline said...

The dresses are gorgeous....the white one is my favorite.

Debbie said...

The dresses are all soo pretty it is hard to pick a favorite..enjoyed your post...Debbie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Lee! You are a girl after my own heart featuring some of the prettiest of the costumes from the movie! Thanks so much for sharing your love of GWTW!!!

Fiddle Dee Dee,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Celestina Marie said...

Well I do declare, my dear, you shall be, by far the prettiest lady at the ball, if I do say so myself!
LOL!!
Love the gorgeous gowns. Beautiful and creative post.

Thank you for stopping by and your sweet comments. You always encourage and inspire.
Big hugs,
Celestina Marie

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
I say go all out & wear the red velvet. You will be the bell of the ball. I enjoyed your post.8-)
~Myrna

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed your GWTW post! The dolls and their dresses are very beautiful!

Katherine

joyh82 said...

What a cute post. I love GWTW!
The dolls are beautiful.

Tiffany said...

Very nice! I'm just getting my post up, so I'm fashionably late to the ball this evening. Sweet tea, don't mind if I do...:) Hope you'll come by for a visit. This is so much fun!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

I'm so glad someone chose the red velvet gown! You look radiant!
These Tonner dolls are so pretty, I might have to get another one. They have Melanie and Belle too... I want them SO bad. But they're outrageous in price.
Thanks for attending, it was lovely having you!
Nikki

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

I had a tough time choosing a dress too~lol

Love the one you chose.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

How fun! We have a GWTW museum in the next town that we went to last year. They had some of the original scripts and costumes even!

Manuela

Unknown said...

Hi Lee! What a beautiful post!! I love GWTW also and just loved the dresses!!!

THANK YOU so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog, I had tears in my eyes! You are so sweet, thank you :)
Hugs,
Amy

Wanda Lee said...

Well my dear; Apparently I missed the ball, but I haven't missed, The Southern Rose;"Belle Of the Ball"!..,

To the lady, herself, in the splendid red, confection of a true Southern belle, ball gown; a warm thank you for brightening an elderly ladies day with your thoughtfull and sweet comments!

.., Blessings from a grateful and appreciaitve daughter, AKA/ Silken Purse and a warm thanks also from mama; AKA/ Lady Velvet

Donna Lynn said...

Hi there!
Hope all is well in your world, I have been AWOL this summer due to my sons broken leg and my sisters three kids weddings, and all the falderal, that goes with that!

Love your post, haven't seen that movie since I was a teenager! Love the white dress with the red sash...
XO,
Donna Lynn

xinex said...

Hi Lee! Love the goens, would be hard to pick a favorite. Scarlett is so beautiful!...Christine