Monday, September 21, 2009

Looking back...

These are some old pictures of my little brother and me that I ran across the other day. I took pictures of pictures to get these to be able to post them. His name is Robbie and I was always the little mother to him when he was little. I taught him how to read whenever he was around 4 years old. We played school all of the time. I'm 3 years older than him. We were in our 'play clothes' here. I always loved to wear dresses. He was 3 years old here and I was 6 and he was a handful!

This is us at the zoo in front of the elephants. We were in Tennessee at Rock City Gardens. I always loved seeing the elephants even to this day.


Robbie, me and mom. Daddy took this picture of us before we went into the gardens. My mom sure was styling with her short black dress and big red purse. Wasn't she pretty? Look how I had a hold of my little brother's hand!!! He wasn't getting away from me!
These pictures have a date typed at the bottom of them. That is not the date that they were taken. That is the date that they were developed. Mom probably had them for a while before she had them developed because my little sister was born in August of 1973 and I am 7 years older than her. I just love looking back at old pictures.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing you pictures today, I may dig through some of mine for a post one day!☺

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Isn't it fun to stroll down memory lane through pictures? I love the pictures of me and my brothers (and later my sister-I'm 11 years older than she) when we were young and so innocent!