Sunday, September 13, 2009

Is it the flu?

It is 6:00 p.m. and I haven't been awake for very long. I think that I might have the flu. My whole body hurts and my throat is very sore. I've had a sore throat for a couple of days but this morning when I woke up I could barely even swallow. My head hurts and I have a low grade temperature. I called the ER and they said that it was probably the flu and not to come up there because they were overcrowded with people with the flu. They said to stay home and not go to work or around other people. The flu is really going around here in my town. My grandson is sick also. I stayed home from work today and took medicines and slept all day long! I can't believe that I slept this long... I decided to check my blog and realized that I haven't posted since Monday. I hope that I feel better soon.

8 comments:

Whatever Is Lovely said...

Dear Lee Laurie,Saying prayers for you that you will feel better real soon! My son had a touch of something similar last week.
This flu bug is scary! You take care & I hope you can get some healing rest.
~ Hugs ~ Teresa

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

If it is the flu, the very best thing you can do is sleep. And not feel guilty about how much you sleep. Once the flu is over, you can be busy again. Your body sleeps because it needs that time to help you recover. (I learned a long time ago that the best medicine is sleep.)

blushing rose said...

Please take good care of yourself, Lee Laurie. This flu is terrible, so rest & do as you are advised ... the body lets you know what it needs. Hugs, TTFN ~ Marydon

Annette said...

I've had the exact symptoms since Thursday. Went to the clinic and it is the flu. I am up and about today but my throat is still sore. Ugh..take care..hope you feel better soon!

Tara said...

Drat. I had the flu the last two years in a row, but before that I hadn't had it in years. I'm hoping the little bug passes me by this year. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

beachvintage.com said...

Oh poor dear, get well quick OK.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness gal! This makes me glad that I took the shot now!

Be better soon!♥

Tanza said...

Hi sweet friend,
Ooohh it is the flu !! That is going around here (my work)like crazy !! Everyone is passing this to the next !! Everyday we're wondering who has it now !! It's the fever, sore throat,achey all over !! Ooohh I don't want this !! I hope you feel better soon.. It seems to last 48 hrs.. yucky..Have a restful evening.. Blessings and love~
hugs ~tea~xo