Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One more china cabinet




Look what I got a few weeks ago! Isn't it beautiful? Well...it will be when I get through with it. I love all of the carved out sections. The detail is pretty. I think that I'm gonna paint it 'Heirloom Lace'. I use that color a lot. I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with the inside yet...maybe a soft pink. I have some really pretty dishes that I haven't ever displayed since I got them. They are called 'Accoutrements' and they are by Lenox. I have one of the soup bowls already in there, in the picture. I was just playing to see what they would look like. They are an 'Anna Griffin' design. I love all of her stuff. I use a lot of her scrapbook supplies too. If anyone has any ideas about what colors I should use, please leave me a comment. I want to get it done soon. You can see the bowl in the hutch. It is ivory colored with a pink rose with green leaves around the rim. I love these dishes. Dishes are my weakness. I got that from my granny, she had several patterns . Some were just mix and matched but she loved them all.

3 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

That looks like a fun project! Pink would be pretty on the inside, I can't wait to see what you do with it (; That Jason is a little cutie!!
Hugs~Kelly

nikkicrumpet said...

That hutch is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you do with it. It has so much potential!

Laurie said...

I love this cabinet! I don't think I would have the heart to paint it...I love dishes too, but I have two "good" sets now and decided not to have more. I do have a serious weakness for orphan pieces with pink roses ~ those I find very hard to resist!
I bet this will look gorgeous when you are done!!