Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Graduation Day!!!

Whitney, Michael, Chase, Cole, Christy, Melinda and baby Jason. They all love Cole so much and are so proud of him.

Cole and his mentor, Stevie. I am so glad that he has a friend in Stevie. He has been there for Cole, over the last couple of years. He has helped him a lot to realize that he can follow his dreams.


Cole and his Uncle Steven and Aunt Melinda and family.



Cole and his grandparents. They love him and are so proud of him.




Cole and his girlfriend, Renee. They look so cute together. He is head over heels for her.





Renee, her dad and Cole. December 20,2008.






Well...my son Cole just graduated from Camp Shelby! I am so proud of him. He is growing up to be a such a good young man. He wants to go to college now. At first he wanted to go into the military, but he has changed his mind for now. I want him to go to college too. He wants to major in journalism.







Me and my middle child, practically all grow up.








This is an award he received for writing an essay and entering it in the state competition. He was awarded this plaque and $100.00. He loves to write stories and songs. He is very creative. It will be interesting to see where he goes with his talents.



















4 comments:

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Lee, first of all Congratulations on your son Graduating. Your whole family is beautiful!

And thank you so much for the kind words you left me, I needed to hear those today very badly.

That is really cool that your son is thinking on Journalism. I love to write and always wanted to be a journalist. I did write for the paper in our town a few times. Some human interest stories.

I hope you have a beautiful New Year..xoxo Nita

Stevie said...

I am happy and proud for Cole and you. I know he hasn't had the ideal childhood.....however, the love and support you have given him has helped him get through everything and he is becoming a fine young man. I know that Cole is capable of doing anything he sets his mind to doing....he got that from you. I am happy that I have had a chance to be a part of Cole's life. Doing things with him like taking him fishing, hunting, talking about girls...man has he taught me some stuff...HA! I look forward to spending more time with him. We have spent many hours talking about his future goals, and his dreams. He wants to make us proud of him. He wants to be the positive role model for his younger brother. He still needs all the love and guidance we can give him and sometimes it is enough just being there for him. He really appreciates it. We have gotten close over the past couple of years. I am glad that I have been able to be there for him. Lee Laurie, you should be very proud of Cole and yourself for the way that he is growing up. I know he will have some stories to tell us when he gets back from his trip.

MEME'S PLACE said...

I AM SO PROUD OF COLE. I AM SO GLAD WE WERE ABLE TO COME TO HIS GRADUATION. I THINK IT MEANT ALOT TO HIM. I HAD TO HOLD THE TEARS BACK WHEN THEY CALLED HIS NAME.I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE PREGNANT WITH HIM I AGGRIVATED YOU EVERYDAY TO HURRY UP AND HAVE HIM haha. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! HE IS A FINE YOUNG MAN.GOOD JOB MOM.

MEME'S PLACE said...

The picture of Cole kissing you melts my heart :)