Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let it snow, Let it snow

This morning when I woke Garrett for school this is what we saw. Everything covered in pretty white snow. We hardly ever get snow here in Mississippi.



Look at my angel. Now she is a snow angel.






Garrett wanted to stay home from school to play in the snow, but the schools were open. They said on the radio that school would be open and Garrett didn't want to miss any days. They called a couple of hours later and said that they were closing. He was able to come home and play in the snow after all. He had so much fun.

The mobile home I recently purchased for my 'secret' project looks a little cabin-ney. The picture of my rose garden with a picnic table in the corner....I think it could be a post card cover.

I can't believe that we are having snow in December. I stayed in all day long and wrapped gifts and decorated and listened to Christmas music. I even watched 'Miracle on 34th Street'. The one with Maureen O'Hara. I love that movie. I'm listening to Bing Crosby right now on my old stereo. It brings so many memories of my childhood Christmases when I hear him sing. I'm glad that I was off today from work so that I could enjoy the day inside...playing. I have to go now because I have to be at work in the morning at 6:30. I will probably dream of a white Christmas...





3 comments:

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Could you PLEASE send some of that snow to my house??!! What a nice surprise, you must really be in the Christmas spirit now (; I love the old house in your previous post, it's just such a perfect little cottage! What is the trailer you were talking about on your property? Is this going to be your bunkhouse? I wasn't sure if you were talking about your home or another building. Merry Christmas and enjoy that weather.
Hugs~Kelly

Stevie said...

I bet it was a wonderful surprise when you woke up and saw that the ground was covered with snow and still more falling. I am sure it made your morning coffee taste that much better. Your moible home looks like a cabin back in the woods. The trees towering over it, the roof covered in snow. The wood siding and tin roof really adds to it. The "post card" picture represent a couple of different things....the beauty of the snow and Christmas just around the corner......or the picnic table being lonely and waiting for spring to arrive so you can come back outside and enjoy your rose garden....maybe it puts real meaning to the song you have posted on your plaslist, The Rose....the snow has covered your rose bushes...however, you know they are still there and in the spring will grow and bloom.....just a thought.
"Your Friend"

Cindy said...

How exciting to get snow!! It's only snowed here twice in my lifetime. Tomorrow we are supposed to get snow in the hills around here which is 1,500 - 2,000 feet above sea level. I'm hoping the weathermen are wrong and it snows here in the valley...wishful thinking since it's been over 30 years since we had snow here!

I loved reading the comment you just left me!