Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From My Heart

Today is my day off from work this week. I have so much to do! I woke up feeling bad and feeling like I'm having a Fibromyalgia flare-up. My plan is to get busy with work around the cottage and not letting the pain get to me too bad. I have been off of pain medicine for over a month now or maybe longer.

I just wanted to do a short post today for someone special to me. I bought her this little bowl on line a couple of weeks ago for her birthday. I haven't been able to get it to her yet. She loves pansies and roses and the color pink so I thought it would be perfect for her. I also like that it says "From my Heart" on the back of it. I'm giving her this little dish from my heart. I'm not gonna say who she is right now because I want to surprise her. She reads my blog all of the time. She will know probably know that it is she whom I'm talking about when she reads this post. I will go and visit her soon and take it to her.
Last night was my little boy's play at his school. It was called "Character Matters" and he played a mirror. He was so cute! I tried to get pictures but they didn't come out too well. It was so crowded in there! I have to tell you the sweetest thing that he said to me on the way to the play. He asked me if I was going to wear what I had on. I had worn a white 'prairie' skirt and a pink lacy top with pink shoes with roses on them to work and I didn't have time to go home and change so I decided to go just as I was. Anyway, when he asked me that, I ask him "Why?" and "Is this okay?" He smiled his sweet little smile and said "Yes Mam, It is pretty...just like my mama." He almost brought tears to my eyes. Then he said..."Keeping Mississippi Beautiful". I looked at him and he was looking so sweet and we both just started laughing! Where do kids learn all of this stuff? I told him I was gonna put it on my blog and he started acting really silly then. He says that he is gonna get his own blog and put a bunch of pictures on it! He is so much like me sometimes that it is scary! He is only fixing to turn 8 so I don't have to worry about the blogging thing yet! LOL

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee, I feel so badly for you with your fibro pain. I know how it is as I too no pain first hand. I hope your able to go slow and easy and let it ride it course out as I do. Email me if you ever want to talk or vent. I know I sometimes when I speak it, it seems to help mentally if nothing else. For the longest time doctors thought I had fibro and it was only recently we really found out what was wrong. But during that time, I learned everything I could about it so trust me when I say, I feel for you.

I will say a specific prayer for you my dear and pray you'll be up and around in no time. For now, try to pamper yourself a little more than usual. Hugs sweetie and feel better.

Tanza said...

Hi Lee,
Sweet.. sweet.. post by you !! That dish is adorable.. Your friend will Love it !!Hearts always remind me of love,and happiness..great gift.. Your son, oh my, out of the mouths of babes..He's right.. his Momma is beautiful !! And, just think, he's so proud of you !! Very touching.. Hope you're feeling better.. Have a productive,happy day Lee.. hugs ~~tea~~xo

blushing rose said...

Precious, precious son. Adorable. Kids always know what to say & make us even prouder, don't they.

Please take care of yourself, you are included in our prayers. We are here for you.

I have Crohns disease, so I do know pain, frustation & aggravation.

Please stay in touch ~ TTFN ~ Marydon

Eclectic Chic Style said...

What a sweet plate! Your baby boy sounds like quite the charmer and quite the little southern gentleman, what a sweetheart!!!!! I hope you're feeling better today my friend, my heart goes out to you. Take it easy and enjoy your day!! ♥ Teresa

Stevie said...

I hate knowing that you hurt so much and that there is nothing I can do to make it go away. I do what I can to make it easier for you. Just know, I understand, and reading the books on fibro we have bought and searching on the web has helped me.

Now, the play......it was fun and Garrett enjoyed it so much. He and Hailey enjoyed going to Pizza Hut to eat afterwards. I am sorry that the pictures didn't come out too good. Maybe we can upgrade on a camera that has a larger zoom?

I am proud of you.....making yourself get up yesterday and do some stuff around the house that you wanted to do. I can see that it does make you feel better....mentally and physically.
My heart goes out to you,
Stevie

Laurie said...

Dear Lee Laurie,
I hope you are feeling better today, that must be so hard to deal with. You have been dealing with so much lately, but you always have a wonderful attitude.
Love the heart shaped dish ~ how pretty.
Sending you hugs))

Unknown said...

Your son is so cute!! I want to squeeze him :) I think little boys are just the sweetest things ever! Maybve that is why God gave me five of them :)

That is the most beautiful dish! Whomever is to receive it is very lucky! I know she will love it :)
Hugs,
Amy

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm sure your friend will love it...not only is it beautiful but it is obviously being given with love. And your son is the sweetest thing! All momma's should get to hear those words. I loved the "keeping Mississippi beautiful" What a little doll! I'm betting he is going to be able to sweet talk all the ladies when he grows up!

The Muse said...

Greetings Love :) So sorry to hear that you are having a bad spell...I will continue to lift you up in prayer and hope that your tomorrows will be pain free!

Your friendship shines through in your little gift, so from the heart... :)
Just like your young man's remark...full of love and no pretense!

Debby said...

Hi Lee, your blog is really beautiful. So glad I had a chance to visit. Hope this note finds you feeling better today.
Hugs,
Debby

Sugarplum Cottage said...

How sweet of you to give this beautiful plate as a gift. I love all the pink it has on it. I do hope your feeling better, may the Lord have his hands upon you.

Your wreath goes perfect with your room, loving the color you chose for your walls. Hugs, Rosemarie

The Muse said...

:) :) Very glad that you are excited about one day building your own little cabin!!! My clients have said this is their dream come true....and I could not be more thrilled to be able to bring it to life...!!!

LOL I must say that my sketches appear to have taken on a life...a very remarkable feeling...

One I hope you and yours will get to experience as you plan and dream !