Friday, April 24, 2009

My bedroom re-do

I thought that I would show a few pictures of my bedroom. When I bought the cottage all of the rooms were paneling walls. This room was a white paneling which wasn't as bad as the other rooms ( they were dark brown). I decided to paint the walls a soft sage green. To me it is such a relaxing color.

I made this wreath a while back to go in my bedroom. I had it over my bed for a while until I ordered a print of roses to put there. I got a really good deal on the print and I framed it in a frame that I bought for $10.00 at Hudson's Salvage.

This is a picture of my dresser. I couldn't put the mirror on it because I wanted to put it in front of the window. My bedroom is small and I have a kingsize bed. There are two windows in there and three doorways so I'm limited where I can place my furniture. I bought the dresser, chester drawers, and two end tables at a second hand store for $125.00. I painted it all 'Heirloom White'. I just love it. It has so much detailing.


I have my printer for my computer on my dresser so I covered it up with one of my pillow shams. This stained glass lamp is the first one I ever got. It came from 'The Mole Hole' where I use to work many years ago. The tulips are real. My friend Stevie bought them for me a couple of days ago. They are so pretty in this old mason jar. The glass floral vase next to my jewlry box is what my Aunt Jenny gave me for my birthday this year. I love how the light shines through it from the window.



This is one of my favorite pictures. It is a Thomas Kinkaid print called "The Forest Chapel". A beautiful little chapel in the woods. I bought the metal sign a while back at the vendor's mall where I have my booth. It says 'Faith' and I thought that it would be perfect above this picture.




I'm not the best picture taker but I try. I couldn't get a good one without the glare on the rose print. This brass bed is old. My daddy gave it to me years ago. I think that I will paint it a creamy white one day. Then I will paint the frames of my prints to match.












My friend, Missy bought me the bed lamp one year for my birthday and I use it every night. This room is very peaceful to me. Right now, I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop and I have soft music playing in the background. I have the windows open to let in the fresh air and it is breezy outside today. I love how my lace curtains move with the breeze. It is so relaxing.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me show you my bedroom makeover. I still have alot to do...that will come in time.
Now I have to get dressed for work. Have a great day!







12 comments:

Tanza said...

Ooohhh it's soo pretty Lee,
And yes, so very relaxing.. Your sage walls look wonderful.. All your prints and fabrics go beautifully together..Thank God for a cozy, comfy bedroom, and a place to call home.. God is good.. Have a blessed day Lee, and wonderful week-end..
hugs to you ~tea~

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

It is very pretty--I really like your comforter.

Stevie said...

The bedroom is beautiful. I have always said you do have a way of matching colors. I like the Faith sign you have hanging over the picture. Is the picture a Thomas Kincade? I thought the tulips in the mason jar was a nice touch also. I am glad you are enjoying them. A gift of flowers is suppose to always brighten your day!
You have it looking good.
Hugs,
Stevie

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how just watching the curtains blow in the wind. My auntie used to tell me it was God whispering to me telling me all would be okay. Just have faith. So your bedroom discussion today reminded me very much of my aunt Mary. Thank you for that. I'm happily weeping. It's a good thing. I love that you put your tulips in a mason jar. So chic.

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

I want to curl up in your bed now. I love the sage green wall paint. I have that color in my laundry room. It is relaxing although folding clothes is not very relaxing. I can't wait to see the bed painted. I think it'll look gorgeous.

Toodles.

Lisa

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

What a fun dresser! I love the details and the white looks great with that wonderful green.

Isn't it amazing what fresh flowers do for a room? And I love that they are in a Mason jar. That is all they need.

I never got your address so I can send you your bird plate you won. I haven't forgotten!

HAve a great day!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Your bedroom looks very pretty and cozy, don't you just love making over rooms? I don't think we ever get finished though, I think they're always a work in progress!! Love the sage walls, I have several sage walls in different areas and it's such a calm soothing color isn't it? Great job!!
Hope your Saturday if great!!
♥ Teresa

Laurie said...

Dear Lee Laurie,
I love the sage green with the whit furniture, its so pretty.
What a nice place to relax !
I love Thomas Kinkade too.
Hope you are having a nice weekend!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty room. I love the "faith" above the picture. It's always nice to have so many "pretties" around us, isn't it? We are all so blessed.

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty room. I love the "faith" above the picture. It's always nice to have so many "pretties" around us, isn't it? We are all so blessed.

The Muse said...

Very soft and relaxing...I bet you can find peace there!

I have been toying with the idea of painting some dark paneling (not the best quality paneling) so I am not afraid of that...but I have never tried to paint paneling. Did you prime first?

Oh I hope you do learn to twitter...it is much easier than blogging! LOL

And I am sad to hear that you lost your poems of long ago..perhaps you should begin a NEW notebook! :)

applegurl said...

LEE, You have a very beautiful family, It took me a long time to look at your blog because I forget my password. I love the wedding picture, that's my favorite but all the pictures are pretty! You have a lovely home!
Tracey