Thursday, February 26, 2009

Barbed wire and roses...

Tonight I am sitting in bed trying to catch up on all of my sweet blogging friends. I haven't felt good at all today. The weather is getting bad and my body is hurting. My skin burns all over and my arms and legs hurt really bad too. I found this photo in my mom's box of pictures a few days ago. My step-dad took it years ago for my mom. The roses were growing along side her fence. They were so pretty and the barbed wire behind them made such a good picture. It's kind of like how I'm feeling tonight. Me ...the southern rose and the barbed wire causing me pain. I don't mean to complain on my blog but sometimes it makes me feel better to let it out. I wish the pain would just give me a break sometimes. I will not let it get the best of me though! I know that there are so many people out there with more serious ailments than mine and I feel for them. Tomorrow will be a better day! I think that I will soak in a bathtub of hot water and listen to my playlist and relax. The song that I am playing now gives me comfort. The words are beautiful to me.



9 comments:

Tanza said...

Hello Lee,
Thanks for stopping by for a visit..What a beautiful rose you have posted.. Almost Spring..Are you ready.. LOVE this time of year.. A new beginning for all.. Have a blessed evening hugs ~tea~

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I am so sorry you are in pain. I prayed for you. You are just too sweet to have to suffer. Hope today is better.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Dear Lee...Oh sweetie...your Sachet will be there soon and it will hopefully brighten your day!

I'm sooo sorry you aren't feeling well. I say a little prayer for God to ease your pain.

DREAM and PLAN my friend. I promise you, IF I CAN PAINT...you can too! PROMISE

xoxo Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Lee, I hope your will get to feeling better soon and I will say my prayers and keep you in them. I don't know what ails but I hope it either goes away or at least subsides. Hot tea, a good decorating magazine and a warm bed. What are you waiting... go.. be gone.. get comfy!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I hope you are feeling better!

Nicole ~ said...

I am sorry that you have to endure the pain that you are feeling. I am hopeful that it will pass very soon. I will be thinking about you.

What a lovely rose picture. I also like the barbed wire behind it. I hope you have a good, pain free weekend.

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

The use of a rose and the barb wire is such a vivid metaphor to make us feel how you really felt. I hope that you're feeling alright now. Hope you have a nice day ahead..

The Muse said...

Don't ever apologize for telling us how you feel :)...we care about you and certainly do not want you to be in pain.

Sending you warm thoughts and prayers!

Laurie said...

Dear Lee Laurie,
I am so sorry you have not been feeling well.
Saying prayers for you, Spring will soon be here!
Love and Hugs))