Monday, February 2, 2009

Taking it out of storage..

I wanted to show y'all a bookcase that I bought. Isn't is just beautiful? It has 5 shelves with stained glass doors. I love stained glass. I have it in my bedroom and I'm gonna put the books that have picked up over the last couple of years that I have not yet had time to read. I think with having them in front of me in the book case, I will be more motivated to read them. Actually I'm reading one now called 'Tall Pine Lake". Its not the normal kind of book that I read, however I am enjoying it. I pick interesting books up all of the time at the thrift store. Most of the time, I give them away after I read them. I just bought a new one called 'One Small Thing' . I will have to read it next.


I had it in storage for a while but now I'm trying to get rid of extra things that I don't need or have room for. I have to get a piece of the glass repaired. (Thanks to my little boy when he was 3 years old.) I've had it for 4 years. Also I have to put one of the knobs back on. If I ever have an office or study, I will put it in there. Well..off to work I go! Have a nice day!

9 comments:

Stevie said...

I love the bookcase. If you ever run out of space to store it....let me know because it would look really good in my office...ha. I have read "Tall Pine Lake" and the closer you get to the end, the harder it is to put it down. It is a good book. Hope you enjoy it.
Stevie

Unknown said...

I have one barrister book case, but the glass is plain! I love yours!

Deanna said...

I'm like Stevie...if you get really tired of it...you can send it to San Antonio C.O.D. hee hee hee!

It's an amazing piece!

Love ya!
Deanna :)

Laurie said...

Dear Lee Laurie,
Oh this is beautiful ~ I love the stained glass doors. It would make a beautiful bookcase. I have been trying to get back into the groove of reading, I am either in the mood or I'm not!
I find myself re~reading the classics or discovering ones I have never read. My goal for the summer is to read F.Scott Fitzgerald and Virginia Woolf. I always seem to be reading Jane Eyre, so I guess I need a change!

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
What a great bookcase! I have one that my Mom gave me but it doesn't have the beautiful glass in it like yours. I also loved that house that you showed on the previous post, I would have loved to see the inside of that one! How is your hutch coming along??
Hugs~Kelly

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Great bookcase! I was looking at your profile--do you know that all of those movies you have listed are my some of my very favorites? Thanks for letting me know about the pictures being used. I wasn't mad, but did just ask her to please let me know in the future, so thanks for the heads up! Have a good day.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Wow! That is gorgeous. We have similiar tastes. I love stained glass and old book cases.
I wanted to thank you Lee for the very kind comment you left. You have touched my heart.
Sending warm thoughts, Nita

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Love the bookcase...that is a great idea to put them right in front of you so you will read them...I have books all over the house and then some...I love to read....
Mo :-)

Unknown said...

Oh Lee Laurie, I think that is such a gorgeous piece!! Absolutely beautiful! What a lucky, wonderful find!

I LOVE the house in your previous post too! What a dream :)

Hugs,
Amy