Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cole's BIG decision

These pictures were taken when Cole left a few days ago. He decided to go to north Mississippi to stay with some friends before he starts his college classes. He plans to start school this summer. Until then he will be working and saving money. I wasn't very happy with his decision to go there because I wanted him to stay home and go to our community college. I just thought it would be easier for him to stay at home and not have to worry about extra expenses, etc. However, that's not what he wanted to do. I guess he wants to try his wings! He wants to show everyone that he is all grown up. I'm proud of him...I just hated to see him go that far away.


See the pictures below. I think I'm still half asleep trying to post this before I get my little man Garrett, ready for school.

7 comments:

Sharon~heartsongs said...

I haven't had the experience of having my children go that far yet. My son-in-law is looking for a job that will take them away from here. Whenever it happens will be too soon for me. They only live about 5 minutes from me and I've very close to my grandchildren.
I know you are and will be very proud of your son.

Melinda said...

Its kinda sad to watch our kids growing up isnt it? It seems one day they are in diapers and the next high school. Time goes far too fast! My oldest is now in the 5th grade. You know that age, when suddenly their cherished Mommy is embaressing! Thank goodness my baby is just in Kindergarten!
Best of luck to your son, and to you!
Melinda (Home is where the Heart Lives)

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh I am feeling your mama sadness right now. Someone said to me the other day something about worrying for 18 years and I said I am afraid it goes on longer than that--forever really. He is such a good looking boy--I said a prayer for him and you too!

Deanna said...

I just read Stevie's post and I can imagine how you must be feeling. I wish I could be there to give you a hug.......


Deanna

Stevie said...

I am glad that I was there for you. I know you were having a hard time with him leaving. I know even though we ate at your favorite resturant(ordered your favorite salad) and went shopping at a couple of your favorite stores(and found some great deals) and even took the scenic route back(looking at old houses...again)...he was still heavy on your mind.
Take care....Cole will be alright.
Stevie

MEME'S PLACE said...

Oh my goodness! I cant believe he is old enough to leave home. I bet you were so scared to let him leave. I know we have to let them go, but I cant even think of that yet. Whitney will be in 10th grade next year, and I know my time is comming. Michael is right behind her too. Its a scarey time , but just know that you have done a wonderful job raising Cole.We are all very proud of him.love ya:)

Janet said...

They don't understand how much they mean to us until they have some of thier own.