Friday, February 6, 2009

I love to thrift shop!

I went thrifting a few days ago and I found some cute things! I bought this 'Grandma's Rules' plaque at Fred's Dollar Store. I just had to have it because I am a grandma now! It also helped that it has beautiful roses on it! Isn't is perfect for me?

I found this picture at a little Vendor's market that I go to. I also have a booth there. I've been doing very well with my booth. Even with the economy as bad as it is. The picture has a sweet verse on it that says........Our lives are touched by many people. But only a few leave that special feeling in our hearts, which lasts forever.
I think that I'm going to mail this to a special friend of mine. She is a very beautiful person inside and out. We have a lot in common, even our name. She also lives by the ocean and she loves Victorian things like I do. There are two ladies in the picture dressed in Victorian clothing and they are standing by the sea. I thought it was perfect and I just had to get it for her.
I thought this was a pretty little pitcher. Its made of metal , maybe brass. I'm gonna paint it white to put in my shabby chic den. It looks so dainty. Oh and it was only $1.00




Look at this adorable tea pot! I love it and I had to have it. It was only $3.00 and I couldn't pass it up! You know me and roses!



Last but not least is the picture of roses that I bought for my shabby den. I love it! It is the perfect colors! It was only $6.00. I have it hanging next to the china cabinet that I have been working on. It will look good with my rose dishes. I bought some material that I am going to experiment with today for the back of the cabinet. Several people have given me that idea to do that instead of painting. It took long enough to paint the outside of the hutch! Well, I better go and get started...I have a couple of hours left before I have to go to work.
Have a nice day!









14 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

You sure found some pretty things. I would never have thought about painting the little urn...but in white it is going to be wonderful! I need to learn to see things not as they are but as they could be. I'm really bad at that and pass up to many treasures!

Deanna said...

I love everything but I cannot wait to see the metal pitcher done. Be sure to post it when you finish it.

I think material would look really wonderful but show me what you have in mind. I'd love to see what your choices are!

Hugs,
Deanna :D

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Pretty finds. I look forward to seeing your saucers when you find the others. I loved the story of your hunt--what a fun surprise! Have fun garage saling.

Nicole ~ said...

You got some really pretty things. My favorite is the pitcher, and I really loved the price. I think it would look really pretty painted white.

Always Pretty in Pink said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

You should really talk your daughter into starting a blog, my mom talked me into it. :) Now, I do it more than her.

My car is a VW Cabrio convertable. I love it! It's not pink yet, but I'm going to get it painted this summer. :) I'm just waiting until I buy another car, my husband is making me wait. I really want it to be a light cotton candy pink.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are some wonderful buys! I am not the least bit suprised that you are doing well in you booth. Women always love to decorate and most are bargain hunters. I love going thrifting!

Stevie said...

News flash on TV...We have a breaking story.......The shopping DIVA strikes again!! Going green, thrifting.....nothing is safe.....you can turn your junk into collectibles...

You do have a way to find those deals.
Take care,
Stevie

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Lee, thank you for your kindness. I am trying to get back to people but I get tired very easily right now.
My daughter is moving this Summer to go to college. I too, was hoping she would go to our community college. I have cried a lot over her going so I know what you are going through over your Cole.
My heart hurts for you..
Sending you lots of love, Nita

P.s my e-mail address is indigosea7913@yahoo.com if you e-mail me I will give you my address.

Tardevil said...

All of your finds are fabulous. I've often thought of having a booth. I bought my mom that same brass (?) pitcher. Thanks for coming by my blog. Love your finds!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Isn't thrifting THe BEST? I am so jealous. We have zero thrift stores that I know of in Hattiesburg. I guess I'll have to settle for Dirt Cheap!

{oc cottage} said...

WOW!!!!

M ^..^

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

I can't wait to see the china cabinet finished(;
Hugs~Kelly

Sherri said...

I love thrifty finds too! Great scores. Oh and I have a 22 year old that is now out on his own, went off to college too. It's a struggle to 'let them go' and learn, grow on their own. Yet, I'm so proud of both of mine (still have a teen daughter at home!).

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Pretty things; I especially love that little teapot!
:)
~Becca~