Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My sweethearts...

This is "Blue". He may not be the cutest doggie but he sure is a sweetheart! He was the runt of the litter that my dog "Baby" had last November. "Baby' was my sweet dog that we saved when she was just a baby. Someone had put her and her brothers and sisters in a plastic tub on the side of the road. They had been there for several days whenever we found them. We were able to save "Baby" and her brother "Spunky". All of the other ones...about 5 of them were dead in the plastic box. How can people be so cruel? Anyway...we saved them and "Spunky" didn't make it but we were able to save "Baby" from Parvo. The vet told us to let her die because he didn't think there was much of a chance for her to pull through. I sat up with her for 3 days and nights...I slept some, getting up every 30 minutes to give her medicine and Pedialyte. After the 4th day, she was well! Everyone was shocked. Then a few months ago someone poisoned her. I think someone didn't like her because she was part 'pit bull'. That was so cruel! She was the sweetest dog and she loved me. "Blue" is sweet just like his mama was.

This is "Sugar". She is our neighbor's dog but she stays over here most of the time. She is still in the puppy stage and loves to play!

This is my old boy "Bear". He loves to play with "Sugar" and "Blue". He tries his best to keep up with them but they just wear him out! I gave him a good haircut the other day and he looks so much better. He got a good bath too! This picture looks like they are begging him to get up and play with them just ONE MORE time...please!? Isn't this the cutest picture? Well...I just found out that if a dog comes into your yard in Mississippi and you have already warned the owner, you can shoot him. Isn't that something? I guess my neighbor knew what she was doing whenever she came over the other day and made that threat. I had to lock "Bear" and "Blue" up in my little courtyard on garbage night so that she couldn't say that they were the ones getting in her garbage. I let them out the next morning after the garbage people came.
Don't forget to go to my last post and sign up for my giveaway!



9 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laurie Lee,
Your babies are so cute and look so sweet. Your post just made me cry to think anyone could be so mean and cruel to a sweet innocent puppy. I hate to hear of animals being abused in anyway. I can't even watch the animal planet when the show is on about abuse to dogs. Can't stand to see it.

I love the pic of the 2 dogs watching over the one laying down. Like you said, as if to say, come on get up and play. LOL Way cute!!

I am going now to your giveaway post. Thank you for letting me know. Altho, I would feel bad to win, after winning from Karen's giveaway. So you don't have to put in my name. Let someone else have a chance.
Have a nice evening sweet friend. Hope you are feeling good too.
Love, Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

I luvs me my nieces and nephew pups!!! They are adorable. I'm so glad you finally posted them. Bear, is there any chance he could have heartworms or he is just lazy tired in this particular picture? He looks good from what you describe over the weekend. You done good friend. Your dog is a doll. very cute indeed. I think personality far outweighs looks. When in doubt just look at my poor baby sadie-mae smile. Her overbite is hellacious, but we luvs her.

Feeling better LL? I hope so. I think of you often when your hurting and always praying for all of us. Hugs to you both.

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Oh Lee your furbabies are sooooo sweet, and sooo sad about the box. That just enrages me. You're a sweetie for taking them in and loving them.
I'm in shock about the Mississippi law. WOW! (I could really get on my soapbox about that one.) I tend to ruffle feathers a bit when there's something I feel so strongly about. lol!! But you kept little Bear safe from the nasty old neighbor. ;) I adore your precious furbabies. Hope you're having a wonderful week!
♥ Teresa

blushing rose said...

There are mean spirited people, Lee Laurie ... unfortunately your neighbor is not very nice. I am so sorry you are having to endure such distress from her threats. I hope that your lovely dogs will be safe from her ... the pics are precious of the dogs all together.

We had a neighbor once poison our dog whom we saved by sheer chance of finding him ... our other neighbors dogs were poisoned, too, & died.

How are you feeling now, better I do hope. You take care & have a lovely weekend, sweet Lee Laurie.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

That's sad...they could have just as easily left that crate of puppies on a shelters door...

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very sweet dogs!

Stevie said...

I remember the night we picked Baby and Spunky up from the side of the road. You and Tyler bathing them with Vicks sab in y'all's nose and wearing rubber gloves. You nursing Baby back to health from Parvo. Us finding the puppies and bringing them in. Baby was a very good momma.
These 3, Blue, Bear and Sugar play good together...of course being puppies they chew things up...part of being a puppy.
We need to a couple of pictures of Black Dog on here as well. Now, that is my buddie. He is a wonderful dog. He is so scared of bad weather.
Hugs,
Stevie

Tara said...

It looks like they really enjoy each other's company! You're lucky they all get along so well. That mean old biddy knew the law did she, what a pity that this is legal. Not that it would necessarily stop her. I hope that situation works out for you. hHve yourself a wonderful weekend!

Denise Marie said...

look at all that doggie love! Hope you are doing great!! We are about to leave for 2 weeks for a road trip across country. My fibro seems really under control for the moment, Praise G-d!!

Blessings