Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brotherly Love

Yesterday, I was baking a cake...a strawberry cake with cool whip icing. I thought that I would make a treat for the boys. Cole is back home staying with me for a while. Anyway, Garrett came into the kitchen to see what I was making and he said "Mama, you forgot that I don't like strawberries or cool whip. I won't get to have any cake." ( He thought that I forgot but I really didn't.) I said, "Oh well, I guess Cole will have a lot of cake to eat." Garrett looked so sad as he walked out of the kitchen.

Little did he know, I had already planned on baking another cake too. (I split the batter to make two cakes.) Just like he likes...plain butter cake with chocolate icing. That is his favorite. He loves butter cake. He doesn't even have to have icing. He likes it plain with a glass of cold,cold, milk. I wish that I would've taken a picture of him when he came back into the kitchen and saw this cake! He had the biggest smile on his face! The best part was when he said "Thank you, Mama."


This is my little man pumping gas into my car the other day. Look at that face when he saw me pull out my camera! LOL



He really looks thrilled here that I'm taking his picture! He does this crazy smile because he says that he doesn't want to show his teeth! He is getting his braces soon. Silly boy.




I took this picture this morning. I went into Cole's room and saw that Garrett had crawled up into bed with his brother and slept there all night. They were watching a movie together whenever I went to bed. They don't know that I took this picture. Matter of fact, they are still asleep. I stayed up late too. I wanted to watch the end of a movie that I had been watching for a couple of nights. 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons'. That was the longest movie! It took me three nights to watch it. I always fall asleep!! This past week end was very busy at work and I have been so tired. I was off all day yesterday and also today. I plan on getting a lot of things done around the cottage today. (after I visit a few blog-friends) LOL

Have a great day!



15 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a sweet picture of your boys. And those cakes looks sooooo yummy. Hope you had wonderful holiday weekend.

~Amanda

blushing rose said...

Oh, Lee Laurie, how simply precious the boys! Don't they just melt your heart? Darling Garrett had to be very happy with Mother's baking surprise ... TTFN~ Marydon

Stevie said...

The cakes were goooooddd!! I just had to try a piece of both of them. Of course, the butter cake with chocolate icing is my favorite.
I am glad that Cole is spending time with Garrett. Garrett really enjoys the time spent with his big brother.
Hugs,
Stevie

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog- www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com and you are in for the drawing.

I have a Garrett as well-love that name.
Cheri

Laurie said...

What a sweet Mommy you are ~ I am with Garret I would love a piece of that butter cake !
Sending you hugs))

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that last picture is the sweetest thing ever!!! You were so smart to take a picture. Brotherly love is the best :) Any you are such a sweet mommy to bake two cakes!! I could eat them both, lol! Yum!

Hugs,
Amy

passion4pink said...

OOOH I don't know which cake i like the best mmmmmmmmmmm I'd have to have a piece of each!! What a great bonding experience for both your boys, they will learn from each other.Cheers!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How sweet that you made them each their own cakes! What a great picture of them sleeping.
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

I want cake!! I did not have cake. I had a popsicle. Not half as fun. What a good mommy you are and that is what memories are made of right there.

Tanza said...

What a sweet Momma you are for baking both cakes.. They both look sooo yummy !! I have to say tho, I LoVe the picture of the sleeping brothers.. ADORABLE.. brotherly LoVe.. The little ones sure look up to their big bros'.. Always and forever !! Hoping you have a blessed day..hugs ~tea`xo

Tara said...

What a wonderfully sweet and stinker of a mommy all at the same time! I wish I could have seen his face. I like the Benjamin Buttons movie, the middle was a bit slow and I got my brain tied in knots trying to figure all the age changes and dates, but the whole premise was fascinating I thought. Have a super day tomorrow!

Eclectic Chic Style said...

What we do for our babies! LOL I have to almost make two of everything because the Teen Princess is a picky eater. I bet you're enjoying Cole being home for awhile, and obviously Garrett is!!! (That photo is the cutest)!!! You have some handsome boys Lee.
♥ Teresa

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sometimes I wonder what my son's life would have been like if he'd had a brother. Not God's will I suppose as he was only blessed with his sister, Adrienne... I'm sure she'll do in a pinch! :) (She's been WONDERFUL to him!)

I love this post my friend. I LOVE FAMILY!

xoxoRebecca

Its So Very Cheri said...

I should have posted to Give away as a repost. I did that so it was easier for people to find-this weeks posts go till Friday night but I will give you an extra entry for that post as well.

Cheri

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

What a sweet, sweet post and pic of the boys sleeping. And what a sweet mama you are!