Saturday, July 11, 2009

A great day thrifting!

I wanted to share with you a few thrifty things that I got a couple of days ago. I was on my lunch break and I decided to run into a little 'junk' store that I haven't been to in while. I was so excited whenever I saw these pretty dishes sitting in a corner. I actually passed them up the first time because I have sooooo many dishes and I am trying to save money for all of my home projects.

When I passed by them the second time, I just knew that they were meant for me. They are everyday dishes and I could use them in my kitchen since they have RED roses on them. Look how pretty they are. I knew that if I didn't get them, I would be calling the store back whenever I got back to work to get them to put them up for me. They only cost $15.00 for all of them. (6 dinner plates, 6 salad plates, 6 cereal bowls, 6 saucers) The only thing missing was the cups. I've tried to look them up on ebay but haven't been able to find any. I think that they are beautiful and that was a good price for them. The man went back into the storage room and brought out 2 more dinner plates that were chipped and he had already thrown them away. He ask me if I wanted them too and he gave them to me. Of course I wanted them. I can do mosaics with them or I can sit them under my plants. I like to use old plates as water catchers under my plants.


Then he pulled this little wrought iron rose frame out of the back and gave it to me. They all know how much I love anything with roses on it. I love it. It looks so shabby! I could put a mirror in it or a sweet little print.



I was having a great day! He showed me this painting of roses and he saw how my face lit up and he said $3.00. I love it! It is signed too! It looks like she drew the roses and painted them. Doesn't it have a shabby look!?




I will probably put it in an old shabby white frame and hang it in my 'Shabby" den. I wonder if she is a local artist? I wonder how I could find out?
I think that I did very well that day! I almost got away with only spending $18.00 that day, until I went outside ad saw something that they had just put out! I almost screamed when saw it! The most beautiful old full-size bed frame! I just had to have it! I didn't even give it a second thought! I didn't have my camera with me. I had to put it on layaway because I didn't have a way to get it home. I will go back and get it in a couple of weeks when I borrow a truck. I'm so excited about it! Right now it is a shabby, chippy, green color and of course I'm going to paint it. It is going to go in my guest bedroom that I am working on. I will show pictures of it soon.


Now I have to be a good girl and not spend anymore money on stuff! I have to put all of my extra money into my guest bedroom and bathroom.



Well, Gotta go to work.


Y'all have a great day and smile!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google it. You can find out absolutely everything about someone on google or other various internet options.

Your dishes are drop dead gorgeous. So rich.

The painting is definately a shabby piece. I would frame it in cottage white and hang her.

Well done Lee Laurie, well done.

Tara said...

Girl, you got a deal! I love those dishes! I would have bought them too. Happy Pink Saturday and have a loveleigh weekend!

Tanza said...

Hi Lee,
WOW !! You did good girl !! The dishes are soo sweet !! You can use them anytime too !! I LoVe to mix and match !! The picture and wrought iron are soo sweet.. Don't you just LoVe stumbling upon such treasures.. Can't wait to see your bed all pretty !! How FUN !!! Have a happy Saturday !!
hugs ~tea~xo

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Lee Laurie, you really hit the jackpot today - lovely finds! I can't wait to see the bed frame...

Caroline said...

ohhh...so pretty. I love the plates and they were meant to be yours if they were still there waiting for you! I've tagged you in my post, if your interested in participating, if not thats ok. Its my first time being tagged.

blushing rose said...

What a gorgeous set of dishes, Lee Laurie. Isn't it wild how certain things will just beckon to you. And that darling rose wreath ... love it. Be anxious to see how you present these into your decor. TTFN ~ Marydon
PS Hope all is going well for you all.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow LL.. these are truly beautiful dishes. I love it when you find something really nice for next to nothing. I can't recall the last time I spent full dollar for anything other than vet care for my animals. Beautiful.

Lisa @ On Cloud Pink said...

Yes, what a great day thrifting. I love it! You did find some wonderful stuff. They were meant to be yours!

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see the next bunch of thrift finds. it's so fun to share.

Toodles.

Nicole ~ said...

I can see why you could not pass them up, those plates are beautiful!! I love your idea about using an old plate as water catcher, that is very clever. It is so hard to pass stuff up, and save money!! I pretty much want everything I see, all the time!!

You had a great thrifting day!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Soooo sweet Ms. L...very, very sweet! Love it all!

You did good. $18 is nothing for all that great stuff.

Love the pic of you on your last post. China Dolly for sure! Beautiful!

xoRebecca

Deanna said...

I'm so envious of your plates! I love the little frame..I think it's precious just as is. You made out like a bandit girlfriend!

Me...for real. Yes. It's me not Farren!

Patty said...

You made some good scores. I really like your blog and your style.

Denise Marie said...

girlie, we do have a lot in common. I want to follow your blog but can't find the area..I'll keep at it. I love old trucks too and I can't believe you got 6 place settings for $15--I also have so many sets that my hubby is like, "more to own...have you?" I keep warning Scott that I want to run from the big city and buy an old house that takes us the rest of our lives to restore...it would teach the boys a lot. :0) So very glad to meet you!