Friday, February 26, 2010

Girl's day out.

We had a fun "girl's day out" day last week. It was so much fun. Me, my sister, my daughter, and my Mom. We decided to do it kind-of spur of the moment, at least for us anyway. We usually have to plan way in advance because of everyone's schedule. It just kind of worked out easy this time. Initially it was only going to be three of us and than my sister text ed me that morning and said that mama wanted to go too. I was so glad that she wanted to go! The picture below was taken of my sister and me at the Starbucks cafe inside of Target. We thought the background was so perfect for a picture. I'm glad that I decided to wear a little make-up that day. It was going to be just a bummin' kind -of day...that's my bummin' jeans. I should've know someone would be pulling out a camera!

My sweet daughter, Christy. I love this picture of her. This was taken at Brady's restaurant in Hammond, La. My sister and I love that place and since Mom and Christy had never been there , we thought it would be a great place to take them. None of us were disappointed at all. The food was delicious and they give you so much! I didn't have my camera and I forgot that I could take pictures with my iPhone. I wish I would've taken pictures of our food for my blog. When I thought about using my phone...the food didn't look good anymore. LOL

Me and Christy...after eating. We were stuffed! I ordered fried shrimp, which is a 'no-no' for my diet! I had to start over with my diet the next day. It was so delicious though and I rarely ever eat fried food. We didn't get desert either...so we did good. My sister ordered Parmesan Chicken with pasta. I took a bite of hers and I wanted to switch! It was amazing!


Melinda, Christy and Mom. They were ready to go shopping and to burn some of this delicious food off...I had to get one more picture! We had so much fun and laughed so much. Mom is so funny and she always makes us laugh! Doesn't she look so cute here with her 'Betty Boop" shirt. She loves 'Betty Boop". We went to Hobby Lobby next...Mom calls it Hollie Hobby...She really use to think that was the name of it. We stayed in there for 2 hours. They had so much to look at. I get so excited whenever I get to go there! Y'all probably think I'm nuts when I talk about how I love that place, but when you don't have one, it is so exciting to go there! The only improvement that I think they could make would be to add a little snack bar or cafe...then we could just eat lunch there and never have to leave! Just shop 'til we dropped.
Next we went the Goodwill...you know I couldn't skip that place. They didn't really have much that I liked this time. We had fun though. All of us kept finding things with Betty Boop on it and ran taking it to mama to see if she liked it. That was fun! I even found a tee shirt that said "Betty Boop..know what boys want". Mom liked to have fell out when I showed her that one! It was so funny!
Well...I hope y'all have a great day and have some fun!

10 comments:

The Muse said...

it sounds like a day of real family merriment! so happy that you all got together...and on spur of the moment? wow, super great!

lol...i had to smile when you wrote about remembering to take a foodie shot, but it was too late! lol, that always happens to me too!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Girl's Days Outs are so much fun--good for you for having one!

Robyn said...

Sounds like you had SO much fun with your momma! I love that! She sounds too cute!

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
What a wonderful day that was !! To be with those you love soo much, eat, and shop, what more could be done !! hahaha .. lovely pictures of you beautiful girls !! Sometimes we don't have to buy a thing .. It's the hunt girlie, that's the fun part ... Have a happy, fun week-end ~
hugs ~tea~xo

passion4pink said...

Hi Lee Laurie
love hearing about your family get togethers, my mum, sister & me ususally get together at easter around our b'days, 7th, 8th & 11 April.
pop on over i awarded you the sunshine award, its a little way down the posts on my blog, hope u find it. cheers
Vickixo

Its So Very Cheri said...

I wanted to let you know that my blog has moved and I would love to have you come over and follow me there.
www.itssoverycheri.com
Cheri

June said...

Lee Laurie, aren't these just the best day in the whole world. You girls are all so beautiful and I'm so glad that you had so much fun with your mom and each other.
hugs

My Cottage Charm said...

sounds like a fun time! I L O V E Hobby Lobby!! I don't get to go very often, but when I do go I want to stay for hours! :) (TJ Maxx and Homegoods too!) I love girls night (or day) out!
This is the first time I've seen your blog, hope you'll come by and visit mine too!

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey! I'm so glad you told me all the stuff you've gone through, it made me feel like I've known you forever already! :) Although you say your cottage needs lots of work, I know you can do it, love is what makes a home and it sounds like you've got lots of that already! :) I LOVE to decorate so much...I'd rather decorate than eat. (and that's sayin' something!!) LOL If you ever get stuck on trying to figure out what to do in your place just email me and I would be happy to give you my 2 cents worth! :) I love seeing pics of other peoples places and giving advice......not that it's needed (or even wanted LOL) but it's just so fun to put two heads together and come up with stuff. I always ask my mom for her opinion on things...it just seems like we come up with so many more ideas together! :)
Keep in touch and have a great week!
Melissa
My Cottage Charm

Barb said...

Hi Lee Laurie, those are the best kind of days, aren't they? So glad you had the opportunity to have this time and the food does sound yummy.

Love your pictures!

Barb ♥