Friday, December 4, 2009

God's Blessings


This will be a short post because I'm getting ready for work. I just wanted to take a minute to tell you about last night. The stage band at my daughter's junior college put on their Christmas program. It was beautiful! I almost didn't make it in time because I had to work until 7:00 and it started at 7:00. I only missed just a few minutes of it. When Christy came out to sing...I held my breath for a couple of seconds because I know that she gets so nervous sometimes and she has been so stressed out lately with everything. Trying to go to school, be a good mommy and wife, getting ready for Christmas, etc. When she started singing...I started crying. She sang so beautiful! She didn't seem nervous at all. She sang the solo part of 'Breath of Heaven' and then the other singers came in and sang with her. It was awesome! I wish that there was a way that I could play it for you. I know there probably is but I don't know how to do that. They have another performance tonight and Saturday night. I'm going tonight as well. I have to work Saturday night. When I saw and heard her up there singing, I had this overwhelming feeling of how blessed I am. Thank you, God.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh LeeLaurie you MUST find a way to share it with us! That is one of my favorite Christmas songs and I would love to hear your daughter sing it. She is beautiful.
Kim

Unknown said...

Oh..I am so glad you made it to hear her. I LOVE that song! Have a blessed weekend!
Lorena

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hello Lee Laurie...Nice meeting you! Thank You for stopping by and following, loved having you! Just makes the season even more special when we can share in our childrens talent...Glad your daughter did so well the other night, you must be so proud....Have a great week and stop back soo, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...