Thursday, December 17, 2009

An award from Tammy

An award from Tammy at A Stitch In Time...Tammy sent me this a while back and I am just getting around to mentioning it. I have been so busy working in retail with the holidays coming. I am suppose to list 10 things about myself and pass it on to 10 other people to do the same. 1. I am a procrastinator! I bet y'all didn't know that! lol Just now posted about this award proves that. I always have good intentions but somehow my good intentions get pushed aside with other things. 2. I work better at everything...I mean EVERYTHING when I am under pressure. I have always been that way. Examples...In college, I would cram for tests the night before, staying up all night long with a pot of coffee and going to class and taking the test and making an 'A' and then coming home and crashing! Why I always did that I will never know. Another example...cleaning the whole house the day before a party or family get together instead of doing a little each day. Doing it all in one day! I'm talking cleaning the dust bunnies off of the ceiling fans down to cleaning the grout in the floor tile! Don't know why I'm like this. Must be a disorder that I haven't heard about yet. After the party, I can't even get out of bed because of the exhaustion! Maybe I will learn one day. LOL 3. I don't like putting gas in my car! Not just because of the cost of it...I just don't like doing it. Whenever I see the little 'gas light' come on, it makes me moan and get a sad face. I then know that I have to stop and fill her up again! That is one thing that I have learned to do...fill it up. That way I don't have to stop too often. 4. I love to spend my day off just taking it easy around the house doing whatever I feel like doing. Staying in my p.j.'s all day long, watching old movies (The black and white ones!) , Blogging and just simply relaxing. It does my body good and I feel refreshed the next day at work. 5. I love painting! I'm talking about painting walls, furniture,cabinets,etc. It makes me feel so good to take an old piece of furniture and make it look so pretty with a couple of coats of paint. To me it brings out the beauty in old tired pieces. Why do I have STILL to paint the bottom cabinets in my kitchen? I must be procrastinating...again. lol 6. I love spending time with older people. I love to hear their stories about their life and the things that they learned throughout the years. I could spend hours listening to them. 7. I don't like hurting other people's feelings. Matter of fact, I will totally avoid the situation rather than hurt some one's feelings. I know that it can have a lasting impact on people. I've been hurt many times in my life and I don't like those feelings that come with being hurt. I usually avoid being hurt or hurting others at all costs. If I do hurt someone without realizing it of course and I find out that I did it, I get so upset with myself and it will make my heart hurt to know that I was so careless. I will apologize and try to get over it but it still lingers in the back of my mind. 8. I have a dream of owning a daycare one day. I don't think that I've mentioned this before on my blog. Its just a little dream that seems to resurface from time to time in my mind. (A lot lately) I love babies and children. I always have. I started babysitting at age 11 and I think about each child that I kept and wonder how they are doing and where they are living now. I've seen several over the past few years...they are all grown up and some with children of their own. I would love to have a daycare fixed up just like a grandma's house...a place where they would all feel welcomed and loved. A place where they could be themselves and have fun baking cookies, finger painting, and playing all day long! Having 'no worries' just like it should be. 9. I would rather give gifts than receive them. I've always been this way. Well...maybe not as a kid...maybe I just grew into it as I grew up. I love to see the smile on some one's face whenever I give them something. It makes my heart smile. 10. There are several things that I want to learn how to do this upcoming year. One is that I want to take some painting classes. I want to learn how to paint all kinds of things. Roses being the first thing! I've tried several times on my own but never been too happy with how they turned out. I know that it takes lots of practice and maybe with some classes I could learn the basic technique and then take it from there. The other thing would be to learn to play the guitar. Just for myself. My dad plays, my Uncle plays and my son plays and I want to too. I'm sure I have that talent hidden in there somewhere.






Well..I have to go now. Gotta get ready for work. I only have an hour! I'm sure I can do it. I work great under pressure. Oh and did I mention that I hate putting gas in my car and it is on empty! Oh well...here I go again!
Thanks, Tammy for this award. I'm passing it on to anyone out there that wants it and wants to share more things about themselves with us. This was fun!




11 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
Soo happy to read about you, and how funny .. we like soo much of the same things, and YES !! I hate having to put gas in my truck .. I just don't like stopping .. Once I'm out and about, I'm always on a mission !! I'm so hoping you are enjoying your holiday deason, and not working too much !! Blessings and love to you all ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Tara said...

What fun to learn more about you. A day care center huh? You are braver than me. Just watching the my nephew wears me out! Although things are easier now that he's moving out of his twos. I am a top notch procrastinator too! have a wonderful evening!

Miss Rhea said...

I enjoyed learning more things about you ! :) I too don't care for meanness , in myself or others. Hope you are feeling wonderful !! Hugs :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That was a fun read! About the gas thing, I hate putting gas in my car too. So much so, that I haven't done it in years! My husband very kindly does it for me.

Manuela

beachvintage.com said...

Thanks so much for sharing these things about yourself. It's always interesting to read about our fellow bloggers.

Its So Very Cheri said...

It is so fun getting to know people better through these fun posts.
Sorry I haven't been by much-I have had so many Google problems-and it isn't over-Google has no idea how to solve the problem.
After weeks and weeks of non-stop Google issues, I am throwing my hands up and making much needed visits.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and hope you can come by for a visit.
Cheri

Celestina Marie said...

HI Lee Laurie,
Congrats on the award. You so deserve it and I really enjoyed reading a little more about you. You are such a dear with a big heart. I have so many of the same points from putting the gas in the van to visiting with the elderly.

I love your dream for the daycare. I think you would be amazing with this avenue and so needed. Keep that thought and I hope your dream comes true.

Thank you for your visit and sweet comments. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

Love to you, Celestina Marie

Unknown said...

Lee, I loved this post! It is so fun to learn more about bloggers!! I hate to put gas in my car too and I always make my poor husband do it, lol!!
Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

.....Stopping by to Wish You & Yours a very Merry Christmas ! !
Love,
Marilyn

blushing rose said...

Merry Christmas Lee Laurie ~ may your days be filled with beauty & blessings.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Miss Gracie's House said...

It all sounds so familiar! Merry Christmas to you!
Rene'