Monday, November 30, 2009

Rose Christmas Tree


Today for "Show off your cottage Monday", I am going to show pictures of my last year's 'Southern Rose' Christmas tree. My computer is still acting up, so I still can't download any new pictures. I'm not sure where I found this picture of Mr. and Mrs. Claus...isn't it just precious? I like her little china hutch in the background. Even Mrs.Claus loves her dishes!

I love this tree and all of the ornaments. I love the golden angels and the doily covered glitter balls.


I have a few decoupage balls with satin ribbons...



Another glitter ball and silk hydrangeas...




Red organza covered ball and ivory tulle threaded through the limbs.





Crocheted teapot and red 'Southern' roses...






This is my favorite holiday and I love decorating each room.







This year, I may decorate it a little differently. I've been so busy lately, I haven't had much spare time to get all of my decorations up.




I love how this tree looks at night. I love to sit in this room and listen to Christmas music and drink hot chocolate. I love playing Bing Crosby and Mahalia Jackson. They are my favorites. Sometimes my little boy will come and sit beside me and ask me to read him a Christmas story. We love doing that. Then he will read one to me. I'm so glad that he loves to read. I just bought him a new Christmas book titled 'The Family Read Aloud Christmas Treasury'. It is full of Christmas stories. Tonight we will read one called "Christmas Everyday". That sounds like a good one. Don't forget to click on the picture at the top to go to "The House in The Roses" to see the other participants in "Show off your Cottage Monday".


That's where I'm heading to now!
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunning Christmas tree! It is so warm and inviting. I can just imagine sitting there with hot chocolate, listening to music. I LOVE Bing Crosby at Christmas time!! He is what I grew up listening to! It isnt Christmas without him :)
Hugs,
Amy

Abatevintage said...

Oh I love the teacup ornament, what a great tree, are you going with the same design this year or are you trying a different color? My mom loves to change the tree colors every year ;0)

I loved your tree.

Blessings

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Anonymous said...

Oh LL, Your tree is so welcoming and christmasey as strange as that may sound. Very warm... hot cider and a fireplace warm!!

Hugs to you both.
Tammy

Miss Rhea said...

Pretty, Pretty !! I love the tea cup most, how precious it is :)

blushing rose said...

Lee Laurie your tree is gorgeous, it draws you to it. I always tuck pink roses into my tree.

Please follow/join me @ our new blog ... the old one had issues.

Hope you had a lovely holiday.
TTFN ~Marydon

June said...

Lee Laurie, I'm so thrilled to meet you! I haven't ever found your blog before either, so I am so glad that you let me know you stopped by so I could meet you. Your decor from last year is beautiful and I look forward to seeing some of this year as well. I've got to go have a look around your blog.
Hugs,
June

Rebecca Nelson said...

OH Miss L....Love the ornies! I love the teacup so much but the ones that are decoupaged steal my heart away.

Hope this finds you doing GREAT! It's retail getting to you yet? xo

Love, Rebecca

Tara said...

Very pretty! I'm sorry to hear your computer is still giving you trouble. Maybe it needs a time-out, LOL! Maybe Santa will bring you a new one for Christmas, wouldn't that be sweet! Hope your week is going well and have a wonderful day!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a beautiful tree! I love the addition of the roses and that crochet teapot is darling!

Manuela

joyh82 said...

Beautiful tree, love the little teapot ornament! I love reading Christmas stories too.

Tardevil said...

Gorgeous tree! Love the reds mixed w/ the golds & whites. The curio cab is beautiful too!

Ana said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
I love your Christmas tree. Aren't the clip-on flowers the best? They look so pretty on your tree. Oh! And I love the doily covered glitter balls. I hope you can get your computer to download your pictures soon...I would love to see your Christmas tree for this year. Have a wonderful day. Until next time.

Hugs,

♥Ana