Monday, November 23, 2009

Pink and White Christmas

Today is Monday and time for "Show off your cottage Monday" with Cielo at 'The House in The Roses'. With so much going on the past couple of weeks, I wasn't able to join in on the fun for a few weeks. I'm using some pictures from last year of my shabby pink and white Christmas tree for today's post. Be sure to click on her blog name and check out all of the other blogs that are participating.

I just love my little white Christmas tree. My pink and lavender ornaments show up so pretty hanging on it's branches. I love the porcelain crosses that I bought last year and the glittery rose balls.

The clear ball that has 'Glynda, the good witch from Wizard of Oz' is another favorite. The little Victorian lady is one that Christy (my daughter) received when she was 3 years old for being in my friend's wedding.


My lavender fairy...



Pink Santas, glass bird houses, resin angels...




Decoupaged rose balls, and my favorite handmade pink and white ornament from Nanny.





Snow babies and lacy potpourri balls...






Blown glass roses and pink satin bows...







Opalescent icicles, pink cameos, lacy umbrellas...






Snow angels with feather wings...a gift from my daughter











Pink glass crystals and white wooden birdhouses...










Pink Santa with roses in hand...










Pink satin roses on tree skirt with packages wrapped in pink and white roses...













Rose wreath picture with lacy angel on top of tree....these are just a few of my favorite things....













Stockings all hung and waiting to be filled...

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love to sit in my den and turn out all of the lights and just sit and relax by the lighted tree while listening to Christmas music. This is my peaceful place...just sitting and thinking back on Christmases past and the ones yet to come. I love my little cottage, especially this time of year.
I was with Cole and Shanna a few days ago when they welcomed their first born into the world and it was so special. I wanted to do so much for them while I was there. I only had a day and a half to be with them. I mentioned getting a Christmas tree for them and taking it to them on Thanksgiving (It is a 4 1/2 hour drive). I also have to be at work for 3:00 a.m. for Black Friday so I don't know how I would've been able to do it. I asked Cole what they were gonna do for a Christmas tree and he looked at me and smiled and said "Mom, Gabriel will be our Christmas tree this year." He really touched my heart when he said this. Later that night before I went to sleep I thought about what he said again and smiled to myself and it reminded me of what Christmas is really about.
Baby Jesus born years ago...He is the reason for the season.



18 comments:

Ana said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
What a pretty white Christmas tree. Love all the pink and shabby chicness.. And so many gorgeous ornaments to look at. Thank you for sharing today. Oh and congratulations to Cole and Shanna on their new baby. What an extra special Christmas this one is going to be for them. Have a wonderful Monday.

Hugs,
♥Ana

Laura said...

First of all.. Congratulations on your new grandson! How sweet. :)
Secondly, I LOVE your tree!!!!
I love pink too. I wish I could decorate more with it. Perhaps someday.
I set my tree up last night and hopefully will get it decorated tonight and tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm so excited.
Your decorations are lovely...

((Hugs))
Laura

Tara said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I love the little purple fairy and the Santa Clause. I bet you are so excited about the new baby and can't wait to get your hands on him again! It was very sweet what your son said about Gabriel, I'm sure Cole and Shanna will have the Merriest (and most tiring!) Christmas ever!

Anonymous said...

I just love the pics. For the last few years I have been collecting Fairys and Angels for my tree too.
Thanks for showing us yours.

Willow

Unknown said...

Congratulations, your tree is so so beautiful, love those pinks ornamments, so shabby chic.
Hugs
Charo

Anonymous said...

I am getting disgustingly excited to put up our tree this week. :)
I can't wait. I like you, love to just sit with the lights off and watch my blinking lights dance on the ornaments. So soothing. Hot cocoa or tea in hand. Fun & relaxing. Hugs. Tammy

Tanza said...

Hi LL,
Ooohh I LoVe all your pink Christmas pretties .. It all looks Beautiful!! I would sit in there all evening too ~~ I sure hope you have a blessed, happy Thanksgiving with all you LoVe .. Don't work to hard girlie .. Love and hugs to you ~~
~tea~xo

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!! I love this post!!!! Your tree is GORGEOUS Lee!!! I am so excited because I have a white tree this year too. I got butterflies when I saw yours :)

Your son is awesome! What he said is so beautiful and touching. You raised him right sweetie, that is for sure!
Have a beautiful Thanksgiving! And a SAFE black Friday, lol!!
Hugs,
Amy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
Congratulations on your new grandson! I have four little fellas myself. Christmas is my favourite time of year too. Love all your pretty ornies and decorations. I love Christmas so much that I have my own Christmas blog! Perhaps you would like to check it out. I would be so happy if you stopped by. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Sandi

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie, What your son said just brought tears to my eyes. You have a wonderful son and Congrats on the new grandchild. What a beautiful early Christmas present!
I adore your white tree and all the gorgerous ornaments. Each and everyone is so pretty. I love the pink santa with roses, your tree skirt, the Oz good witch. Well just everything. You surely have one of the prettiest shabby rose trees.

Best wishes for a special and Happy Thanksgiving.

Love to you, Celestina Marie

Adrienne said...

You must have been looking at my pictures at the exact same time I was looking at yours - how funny.

I love your tree. My tree is all traditional red and green. I'll have pictures up later. We don't put ours up real early because it stays up until Epiphany and I would be sick to death of it for all that time.

beachvintage.com said...

This post has made me "itch" to get my tree up, but I have always been a December 1st gal, so will have to wait a few more days....

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Pretty tree! Thanks so much for stopping by.

Miss Rhea said...

Congratulations !!! :) What an awesome pre- Christmas Gift of little Gabriel :) I am SO happy for You :) I LOVE your pretty tree !! It is Gorgeous :) I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving ! :) Hugs :) :)

Unknown said...

So many beautiful ornaments!
Happy Thanksgiving! Best Wishes x

Unknown said...

Hope your Tsgiving was a warm fuzzy one, Lee Laurie.

What a pretty tree with so many memories to enjoy. I put mine up yesterday so the wee ones will see it when we gather this weekend. Everyone in blogland got me motivated.

I, too, love to sit & just enjoy the quiet beauty & serenity of the night with my tree aglow.

Love your son's comment.

Have a lovely eve. TTFN ~ Marydon

Its So Very Cheri said...

You'll have to come see the pink tree I did for my daughter. I love those pink glass bulbs. I am going to have to keep an eye out.

Cheri

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Your tree was gorgeous! We have a white tree for the first time this year and I love it!
You have some beautiful ornaments!!
Love and Hugs))