Thursday, November 12, 2009

Garrett and his daddy...

I talked to Garrett this morning and he and his daddy were on the charter bus on the way to Jackson, Ms. on a field trip. I was able to go on the last trip with him but I have to work today. His dad and I take turns going on field trips with him. His daddy works in Brazil and is gone a lot. This is an old picture taken on Christmas Eve when Garrett was almost 2 years old.

Me and Garrett earlier this year. He has grown so much and so fast. Out of all of my children, I think that he is growing up the fastest. He has always been mature for his age. When I talked to him on the phone this morning, he just had to let me know that his daddy forgot to take a camera on the trip. He also let me know that he could buy one at the gift shop so that they could take some pictures for me. He wants me to put some on my blog. He is so much like me! Of course he is like his daddy too. Ed is a very good daddy to Garrett. They do a lot of things together and they are very close. I'm glad. It makes me feel good inside to know that Garrett has his daddy. No matter what ever happens to me and Ed, Garrett knows that he will always have both of us. I know that is very important.
He got his report card yesterday. He made 4 A's and 3 B's!!! Yeah!!! We are so proud of him.



I love you Garrett.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tried very hard to not be so rigid with perfectionism. It's a difficult habit to break. but then truly, i'm not sure I won't it broke. I think there is a lot to be said for a well kept & orgainzed home. I dont' mind a bit of clutter that lets others know people actually live here but disorganization... yikes. Right now i'm out of my element with remodeling and it's not fun.

Your young one is adorable. He really is. He kinda reminds me of Opie... :) Hugs. Tammy

Tara said...

Good for Garrett! I hope he keeps his interest in school. I'm glad he and his Daddy are so close and enjoy spending time together, I think it's so important for kids too. Hope you are having a good week, even though it sounds like work is keeping you busy!

blushing rose said...

How wonderful Garrett did so well in school. May he & his Father have a wonderful time together on their trip.

Do take care of yourself, LL.

Have a lovely day. Come enter our TRIPLE GIVEAWAY, if you haven't. TTFN ~ Marydon

Denise Marie said...

what would we do without these little dudes? I was pouring my heart out to the Lord (really my tears). I am hoping for some good medical reports soon and was thinking of how much my little dudes love me and want me well. I want to do better for them and be here for them. Blessings to ya.

passion4pink said...

Wow your'e Garrett is doing well in school isn't he? I'm glad Garrett and his dad are close too.
cheers
Vicki

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

A close father-son relationship is so very important. They are well on their way to building a strong one. And Garrett has a very special grandmother!

Cindy@shabbynsweet said...

Hi, it's so good Garrett is spending time with his Dad. All little boys need boy time with Dad. And they grow up so fast and before you know it they've finished school and are out working. Have a great week, thanks for dropping by my blog to say hello.
Cindy

bj said...

Just wanted to tell you thanks for coming by my place...and that I hope you will come back soon.
I am smiling as I listen to your Halloween music...:O)
Your son is just precious!!
O, and I hope you will show us some photos of your little cottage..I am signing up as a follower...then, if you DO post about your cottage, maybe I won't miss it....:O)

bj said...

Sorry but your blog is taking a long time to load the sidebar..can't sign up right now...will get back later.

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Sweet post! Great pic of you two.

Congrats on the weight loss, I forgot to put that in my last comment!! WTG!

Too funny that he was upset about forgetting the camera~