Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Garrett and his globe

The other day while I was getting some spring cleaning done, I asked Garrett to clean up his room. You know most boys don't like cleaning and straightening up their rooms. Believe me he is no exception! LOL He really worked hard and it looked so much better afterwards. He ended up with three garbage bags full of trash...broken toys, toys with missing pieces, old school papers, a couple of soda cans, snack wrappers, (he's not suppose to eat in his room!) broken crayons, and several rocks that he found and decided that he didn't need to keep anymore. It was a mess!

I tried to stay out of there and let him do it. Actually, I didn't want to see some of it. lol I was so proud of him when it was all finished. Here he is pointing to Brazil because that is where his daddy is working.

I had bought him this lighted globe at a thrift store a few days before and had not given it to him yet because I wanted his room cleaned up first. When I say that he loved it, I am not exaggerating one bit! He loved it! He said later that night..."I looove you Mama and I love my new globe". It made me feel so good to hear him say that.


He is so proud of it. He sat there and stared at it for about an hour pointing out different states and countries. I let him take this bottom close-up picture of his globe. He wanted me to post it on here.




Who knew a little thrift store globe would make him so happy? His mama...of course.



10 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi sweet friend ~
What a sweetie pie you have .. You can see how proud he is of this special treasure.. What a wonderful learning tool this is !! And, it lights up .. Wowsers .. what a wonderful Momma you are, and to be loved sooo much .. lights up your heart I know ~
Big hugs ~tea~xo

Grannys Attic said...

That is just to sweet! He looks so happy with is new toy. Wonderful blessing when your child can make your heart smile over the smallest things. You get the MOTHER AWARD today!! Blessing, vicky

Tania said...

HI lee, thanks for dropping by my site, What a little cutie, wished i could get my 11yr old to get that motivated, My near 4yr old does more. Will have a cuppa and check out the rest of your beautiful blog.

Tara said...

He sounds like such a great kid! Do you think it's possible to find a kid anywhere on Earth that likes to clean their room?! I hope he enjoys his globe to the hilt!

Anonymous said...

A clean room and a happy boy!
He is such a cutie and you are such a wonderful Mom!
Hugs))

Susan Freeman said...

What a great kid!! You must be beaming with pride. This is the best post I have read today!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

He sounds a lot like my youngest son at that age! Love little boys; I had three of them you see! Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

My Cottage Charm said...

Ohhh, that's just so sweet that he loved his globe AND even sweeter that he cleaned his room! LOL
Thanks for stopping by my blog on a regular basis, I like seeing your face in my comments section, it brightens my day. :) I hope you have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Melissa

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

How sweet!!! I hope my kids get that into globes someday! Thanks so much for visiting and the comment! I hope that you had a great weekend!
Bonnie

Miss Gracie's House said...

ahh, so sweet...and that is the best kind of learning...when it's on their own! good for him on filling up 3 bads...I wish I could do that:)
Your hutch turned out so pretty...love the lighter background...it really sets of your pretties!
Have a great week!
Rene'