Friday, March 5, 2010

Visit from Cole

My son Cole came to see me a couple of days ago. I think he was missing his momma! I really enjoyed our time together even though it was a short visit. He had a couple of days off from work so he chose to spend it with me. (Yay!) We went out to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant the night before he left. Can you believe that I remembered to take my camera? The food there is delicious! We had a great time together.



Cole thought it was funny that I bring my own seasoning with me when I go out to eat. I had to bring my little shaker of 'Toney's'. I love the restaurant's snow crab legs...they just need some help in the seasoning department. A little 'toney's' mixed in with the melted butter does the trick. I ate entirely too much! It was delicious!



I could eat seafood every single day. I'm not a big meat eater but seafood...that's a different story.


Here is Cole, Tyler and his girlfriend, Crystal. Tyler is my friend Stevie's son. Look at Cole's face...he was saying "Hey, Mom What's up with the camera?"



This is Hayley, Stevie's daughter. Garrett wasn't with us. He was with his daddy.




Me and Cole. I love this picture.





My fortune was a good one. It really hit home with me. I've been so stressed out lately and seeing my son helped me. He listens to my stories and I listen to his. I know that we will always be there for one another.




Cole, me, Stevie, Crystal, Tyler and Hayley.



The next day before Cole had to leave. I made him wait while I ran back inside to get my camera. This is his new little car that he bought on his own. He loves it. He just had to make the trip down here to show me!


My little boy all grown up. (That's the camera strap in the top of the photo) LOL


I helped him pack up his car with his things and more outfits for Gabriel. I plan on going to visit them soon. I'm so proud of Cole. I just hated to see him go.

Hugs to you all!


19 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your love for family Lee!! It is beautiful and I hope my family is like this when my boys are older :) That food looks so GOOD!!! We had chinese for my sis in laws baby shower and oh was it ever good!! My favorite :)
Hugs,
Amy

Victoria said...

My boys are 16, 18 and 20 now. Don't you wish you could just shrink them back down once in a while just to snuggle them all day! Thank you for sharing your photo's:)

Anonymous said...

My children are 38 & 40!! Don't think that isn't an eye-opener.... Seems like they are babies & before you know it they are adults!!
He's a very good lookin' young man!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Anonymous said...

I just viewed your china cabinet paint job. Fabulous! I so love it. Its so nice to hear that you have a wonderful relationship with your son. I, too, have a special and close relationship to mine, who's now 22. Oh, where did my feisty little guy go? Have a great day.

Tanza said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
Ooohh I'm soo hungry looking at your lovely dishes, AND, those crab legs .. yummers !! Your company was wonderful, and dinner .. what a lovely time you all had !! How sweet your Son came all the way to see his Momma .. You are blessed my friend ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Tara said...

It looks yummy! I am sure the company was wonderful too and your son's car is cute, although I am sure that is not how he would describe it!!! Have a great weekend!

The Muse said...

Great family shots...
When everyone is smiling you know there is love and joy!

Gail McCormack said...

Lovely to see your family photos,
isn't it great to catch up with your kids!

Happy Weekend to you
xo Gail

Its So Very Cheri said...

What a sweet boy. You must have done all the right things in raising him.

I wanted to let you know some big news. My blog has moved to www.itssoverycheri.com
Please come over and RE-SIGN UP to follow me at the new site. Google does not allow you to take your followers. If you have already found the new site-sorry for the confusion. (Some don't have links set up so I can't see their blog, plus going back and forth between the 2 blogs...) I am trying to go back and forth between the old blog and the new, while I am getting through all my followers. I am super close to closing down my old blog.
I also have a new give-a-way that started yesterday.
Cheri www.itssoverycheri.com

Anonymous said...

Come on over to my blog...I'm havin' a 2 part Spring Giveaway!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time.....I love crab legs!!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I love it when my daughter comes to visit, which isn't often. Sometimes I feel deserted....but she's only 21 and busy in another city. I guess when she gets settled down she will visit more.

BeautifulDees said...

You are an awesome mom and your sweet boy loves you so. That is what life is about.
Love,Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hmmm,I love seafood too, I usually get seafood when we go out to cook, because I don't make it much at home.
Love how you like Tony's ~ that is a staple in our home!
I like Cole's car!!
Hugs:)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I big yes on the crab,I love crab too!
Looks like you all had a great time.
I love, love the way your china hutch turned out and of course all your lovely china is just the most beautiful thing ever.
You know two of my favorite things are crab and china too.
I enjoyed your post very much!
Take care and big hugs for you,
Elizabeth

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie, What great pics of beautiful you with Cole and the rest of the family. I know you enjoyed his visit and it is so nice to see a Mother and son so close. I am very close to my son too and we spend time together when we can. It does us so good, doesn't it?
I too love seafood. So glad you had a wonderful time.

Thank you for stopping by today. It was great to see you.

Love to you, Celestina Marie

Miss Gracie's House said...

It's always sweet when they come home, isn't it? We drop everything for them...
Rene'

Rebecca Nelson said...

Cole is very handsome and you are VERY blessed.

I've entered you into my giveaway. Wouldn't it be awesome for you to win something again.

Who knows?

Love to you~Rebecca

Melissa Miller said...

Lee Laurie it looks like you had a wonderful time with your son!
What beautiful memories and photos to cherish.

~Blessings my friend. ~Melissa :)