Sunday, July 4, 2010

A new start...

Hello everyone out there in blog land. Happy 4th of July! God bless all of the men and women who have fought for our country and who are still fighting for our freedom. I am just sitting here enjoying my coffee this morning before I have to get ready for work. Today is my first day back to work...I have been on vacation. I'm actually excited about going back today.





I wanted to share some new pictures of my son and his family this morning. This is Gabriel...he is 7 months old now. Isn't he a doll? He has grown so much. It's amazing how fast it goes by. They don't stay little for very long.


This is Cole, Shanna and Gabriel. They came down for a visit a couple of weeks ago and my daughter took these beautiful pictures of them. Christy is getting to be a very good photographer.



Isn't this one just beautiful? I'm framing it. Look at that sweet little face!










Shanna and her precious son. I can already tell that they are going to be very close. Just like me and Cole.






Cole and his little man. When I look at Gabriel it's just like looking at Cole when he was a baby.







A precious little family. They are going through some hard and trying times right now. Cole lost his job in Southaven. He has been trying to get another one but hasn't had any luck. He has decided to move back home for a while and get a job here and then when he gets back on his feet, move Shanna and Gabriel down here too. I hope that everything works out for them. I know how hard it is being young and having your own family. Sometimes things can get really hard and you have to make decisions that you might not wish you had to make. I am here for them and I always will be as long as I am here on this earth. I am going to help them as much as I can to get back on their feet and get their little family back together under one roof.






Remember the little trailer that I bought a couple of years ago and put on my property? Well...I didn't know exactly what I was gonna do with it when I bought it...just saw a good deal and thought I could use it somehow. I haven't done a thing with it since I bought it except for using it for storage. Well...Cole and I are going to empty it out and remodel it and fix it up for them to live in. Of course I won't charge them rent to live there. And I will get to see my grand baby every single day. What could be better than that?


This is a picture of it when it snowed last year. We plan on painting it yellow to match my cottage. I can already picture a pathway made from there to my house for Gabriel when he wants to walk over to see his Nana.
I knew there was a reason why I had to have this trailer...even though I didn't know it at the time.
Please keep us in your prayers as we start the process of getting it all ready for their new home.

9 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi Sweetie,
Isn't it amazing when we totally lean and trust in Jesus, that HIS hand, and desires are being dealt with in us on a daily basis .. See, HE knew you would NEED that trailer soon, and how wonderful to have them in your back yard .. You will be there for them .. That sounds great for all of you !! Know I will lift their sweet family in prayer as well .. that is soo tough when soo young .. Blessings and happy wishes to each of them .. God is GOOD my friend ..

So happy you are doing well, and your vacation went so FaSt I'm sure .. Have a wonderful day at work, and hoping you enjoy your 4th this evening .. Just SiT and RelaX ~
LoVe and HuGs to you
~Tanza~

Unknown said...

Happy Independence Day, LL! How lovely the trailer will be filled with joy & love ... your Gabriel will be in arms reach ... hopefully all will work out for your son.

Everything happens for a reason, I truly believe this ... best wishes to all.

Hugs, Marydon

Gail McCormack said...

Beautiful photos of your precious family.
I'm sure everything will work out just fine!
Look forward to seeing the renovations!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Hi LL! What a lovely post - really got to me, especially with the Rascal Flatts song playing. I can relate - my daughter is moving back home into our basement for awhile to get on her feet. She's totally been against doing that for a very long time - so independent. I think it will be good for all of us for awhile. She's learning life lessons the hard way... blessings to you and all of yours!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What beautiful photos of your family! You are going to enjoy having them around.

Tara said...

It sounds like fate! I bet you are so excited to have that beautiful little guy living so close! I wish them much luck in this new path and hope a job is soon in the works!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I'm sorry your son has been out of work~that is tough. My husband and I lost our regularly-paying job 2 years ago and have been self-employed since. It's been quite the walk of faith, but God has been so good!
The trailer sounds like a fun project for a wonderful *cause*:)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

oh, my goodness... Your son and his family are so cute! I love the pics, thank you for sharing~
Leticia

La Petite Gallery said...

This is my first visist. That baby is precious, and Cole was my husbands name. I love hat name.