Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My favorite time of year


I'm linking this post to the 'Hook up your Hutch Party' at Jennifer Rizzo and "My Romantic Home" for 'Show and Tell Friday' and "Cottage and Vine" for the 'Falling up party'. Go see all of the other participants if you get a chance.

I was so excited whenever I looked at my calender this afternoon. I had today circled as the first day of Fall. My favorite time of year. I ended up staying home from work today...something that I try not to do. I woke up with a bad sore throat and my body was aching all over. I was afraid that I was catching a bug that my little grandson has. We spent most of the day yesterday with him at the ER. They said that he has a viral infection and both ears are infected. Poor baby. I don't like it when my grand babies are sick.





I stayed in bed most of the day and took medicine and tried to rest. After I started feeling better, I decided to do a little Fall decorating around my cottage. This is my hutch in the dining room with my white Wedgwood dishes. I guess you can see that I haven't gotten around to painting the bottom of my hutch yet. It's still just primed for now. Gonna paint it creamy white when I have time. This use to be my old bedroom dresser...and it was dark cherry. :)










I found the little white pumpkins at The Dollar Tree last year. They were perfect!







I thought I would pull out my spiced pumpkin diffuser too that I bought last year on clearance. I love the way it smells.








I decided to use my salad plates from my everyday dishes to add some color. I love color. My little boy noticed this first thing when he got home from school. He said "Those are the dishes that we eat on!" I thought that was so funny.









These salad plates are called 'Victoria' and they are by Sakura. I love the colors and I love the fruit. My glasses are by Denby.










My white dishes are Wedgwood and the pattern is called "Strawberry and Vine".











Different fruit on each salad plate.







I bought the little black wire candle holders from a thrift shop last year. The pumpkins fit perfect on top of them.













I added some flocked wine colored fall leaves for more color.






I think I got really into Fall on this vignette. I decided the piano needed some sprucing up. I draped some valances that I picked up at a thrift shop over my mirror and one on my piano for a scarf. These were handmade too.





I hung my Fall wreath from last year on my mirror. I used it last year on my front door. My daughter bought me the beaded lamp several years ago for Christmas. She was just a teenager. I love it.







I love all of these warm colors. Makes everything feel so homey. Thank y'all for taking the time to look at my Fall decor. Maybe I'll get to my kitchen next.




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lee Laurie,
I am sorry to hear that your little grandbaby has been sick.

I hope you are feeling better too!

Love how you decorated ~ I am partial to white pumpkins too. A few years ago I never even heard of white pumpkins!
Hugs))

Sherry Hicks said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures, very pretty! I love the little pumpkins on the black wire candle holders, along with everything else!! I love fall decor it is so warm and cozy!

I do hope you get better as I want to see more pics of your home, love your decor style!!

Sherry

Free Art Printables said...

Thank you for linking! That hutch has great storage! I hope your grandbaby is better!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Hi Laurie Lee,
Im so happy Fall is here too! Your fall decor is just beautiful!!! So pretty, warm and cozy looking. :)))
Im so sorry that you are not feeling well, and your grandson too. Lifting a prayer for you both to feel better soon. XO,Jenn

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lee Laurie,
Hope you are feeling better today and your grand son better too. I know it is awful to see the little ones sick.

I love your hutch and your Fall decorating. Everything is gorgeous as always. You sure have an eye for putting it all together and displaying your pretties.
The dishes inside the hutch look so pretty and what you did to Fall up the piano is gorgeous.

Hope you have a good week, feel better and enjoying cooler weather.

Hugs and Blessings to you,
Celestina Marie

La Petite Gallery said...

Lauri,
Please come to my house. Everything looks so lovely. I am puting out my pumpkins and a wreath. I picked some chinese Lantern (flowers) and my hydrangias. for inside. You are like me I love the seasons.
yvonne

René said...

Thanks for joining the "falling up" party! I just can't get enough of those white pumpkins.

Kim said...

Wow that hutch is just gorgeous and I love those salad dishes. I've never seen that pattern before but I am in love with it! SO sorry to hear you are not feeling well and very sorry about your poor little grandson. I hope that he is going to be okay. I will say a prayer for both of you!
xoxo,
Kim

Donna Lynn said...

Loving your fall decor, love those white pumpkins, you have been really busy, love it all!

Hope your grandson is feeling better soon

Gail said...

Love all your fall touches. Thanks for sharing your home with all of us.

Have a wonderful day.
Gail

Tara said...

It's my favorite too! Your decorations look so pretty and perfect for Fall. I am sorry to hear your little guy is sick. It's so hard when they're that tiny and can't tell you where it hurts.
Have a great weekend and Happy Fall!

La Petite Gallery said...

Laurie, your didhes show up beautifully against the cabnet. lovely job.

Have a great weekend. yvonne

Unknown said...

Gosh! I hope you & the baby get well quickly. I hate it when a baby gets sick ... you just hold them & smother them in love.

Love your decor, LL. You've done a beautiful job creating a luscious setting ... I prefer white pumpkins, also.

Have a beautiful PS ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Love your fall decor. I just haven't been up for it. Orange pumpkins just don't match the rest of my world, ha! I have to tell you, I love the saying under your blog title..be happy with what you have...sadly in a world where "more" is better we lose sight of the important stuff. Just thought I'd let you know how that struck me when I read it. Hope you and your little grandbaby are feeling better. Wowee can I type, you should see me when I'm talkin'