Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stopping To Smell The Flowers

I want to show y'all a place where my friend Missy and I went for lunch a few days before my wedding. We wanted to go somewhere special. It's such a pretty place. And it's only 15 minutes from my house. The houses are very old and they were all brought here from New Orleans a few years ago. Some of them are shotgun houses. I love the old tin roof on this one.


I was starting to get a little stressed with the wedding coming up in a few days. Missy thought that I needed a little time to relax....and smell the flowers along the way. :)












Missy's top matched the flowers. I loved the gardens...so inspiring. Made me want to go home and plant more in my courtyard. The red and white building behind her is the cafe.










Yummy dessert. Didn't eat mine though. Had to make sure I could still fit in my wedding dress. :)








Inside the cafe.






Our delicious food. Mine was called "Crawfish Renee". I can't remember the name of her food. We both enjoyed our meals. Loved the dishes too. I sold them to the owner a few years ago from the store that I work for.







I just love these little houses. They turned them into shops. An antique shop, a bakery, a variety store, and a couple are empty. Oh, how I would love to rent one for a shabby chic shop one day. I would love this pink one.







The cafe. See the little bowls and saucers on the porch? They are for the little kittens that come by daily. :)




This yellow one is pretty too. I love the bright color. Looks like a beach house.






This is the little variety shop. It was closed....we'll have to go back soon.





Me....trying the door anyway. I really wanted to go in there. I bet they have some neat things.





Thank you Missy for always being there for me.







My best friend.


Hugs,



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! on your marriage, Lee. May you have years of joys & blessings be showered upon you.

I am sorry that family issues continue, so hope they subside for you soon.

Love the ictures of the cottages. They are darling.

Have missed hearing from you, so don't be a stranger.

Have a beautiful week `
TTFN ~
Marydon

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

What a cute place and the food looks fantastic!! Any place that feeds the kitty cats has GOT to be a good place!!

Lou Cinda

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey sweet girl! You look wonderful, I don't think you're gonna have any trouble fitting into that wedding dress! :)
I LOVE those little cottages..makes me want a little cottage in my back yard! :-o
I'm glad you liked my pictures..that little attachment I bought for my camera is amazing! I love taking pictures of things up close, so I was so happy to find it for $75.00...a real macro lens cost HUNDREDS! (that's not gonna happen in this house and on our budget!~lol)
Can't wait to see wedding pics!
Blessings sweet girl!
Missy

Bring Pretty Back said...

Congratulations on your wedding!! Those little shops are darling! The pink one was my fave as well!
Nothing like a best friend!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

This looks like such a great place. I love all the colors. Nice post!

Tara said...

What an enchanting place. I love the use of color, it's so cheerful. Congratulations again on your marriage. I hope we get to see pictures!